Recommended Brands Of Milk Powder

Bullbreedlover

It has been a few years since I reared a litter and I am expecting my girl to have an abundant milk supply(she has whelped a litter before) but I want to be prepared just in case I need to supplement.

In the past we have used powdered goats milk baby formula which we found extremely good and had no problems but would like some suggestions and availability of other powders please, not necessarily an animal only product.

I use Biolac Blue for puppies, I get my vet to order it in for me, have had wonderful results in hand rearing a puppy on it for a friend earlier this year,

always have a container of it when a ltter is due, if I do not need it I use if for the puppies when weaned.

Also sometimes in a litter there maybe a smaller puppy that seems to not be doing so well, such as with the litter I have here now, gave her a couple of feeds with Biolac and now you would never know that she was having a difficult time.

Pet Network in Victoria have it also Pets on the Park in NSW.

Having kept Wombaroo on hand which is horrible to mix last time I got Animalac. So much better for storage due to the proper container, instructions for mixing tiny amounts & mixed well & easy. Gave it to some kittens when weaning & they loved it.

Thanks everyone.

I am still tending towards the goats milk. It still ticks all the boxes for me and as I am rather old school it seems the way to go with nutritional requirements if needed.

The problem I also have is my girl has extremely large nipples and getting very young babies to get on these could be interesting, but will have to see how she and they go when they arrive. There are only about 2 of them that could be a problem.

• 3 weeks later...

So pleased to hear that your beautiful Bulldog babies have arrived, how many and what gender are they?

Of course we must have some pictures when you have time.

All the very best and congratulations to you and your beautiful girl.