Kepala 12 January 2014

Snout Girl

If you're keen to come along, please add your name, your dog/s' name, and what you'd like to bring, to the list! Or, feel free to ask any questions.

For those who haven't come along before, our DOL booking includes exclusive use of the Lagoon Pool, the main grassed run (with shade) and the newly built bbq pergola area in the run from 10am-2pm, and use of the other runs where available. A few of us also tend to hang around later than 2pm (Kepala are fine with that, there are always runs available).

We will plan to have a BBQ for lunch, will post a suggestions list of what to bring

For anyone who does want to come along, there a few things to know:

1. We are going to have fun and let the dogs have fun (this is a big one!)

2. If your dog is not so good with others, it is ok because there are other runs you can use

3. We want ALL the dogs to have fun, so no humping, fighting etc allowed. And as above there are other runs we can use.

4. The more the merrier

5. Not restricted to DOL members

6. $15.00 PER dog (Sorry, but there is no discount for bringing multiple dogs/puppies, its $15 a dog/puppy. Has been this way since we started).

7. BYO drinks

8. We usually each bring something.

9. I am happy for those who do not bring food to pay $5.00 but i need to know how many are not bringing anything so I can make sure we have enough.

Contact and Location

Kepala Canine Country Club is located next door to Kepala Pet Resort.

We are just off the Calder Hwy, directly opposite the Good Year Thunderdome.

Refer to map below.

Address:

55 Edwards Road, Diggers Rest.

Melways map ref: 3, A1

http://www.kepala.com.au/country_club

Edited by Snout Girl

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

At this stage it looks like we will be away camping for about a week, including the second weekend in Jan! :( Excited about finally camping again, but we will be sad to miss Kepala yet again! Sorry guys, hope you have a great time, and we'll try and make it to the February meet, before our little baby pops out in March. :)

For those following Dakota's issue, still no real diagnosis, visiting the vet again within days, she's behaving as happy and crazy as normal, which is positive...sort of...lol.

Hope you all had a great Christmas, and we wish you all a very happy 2014, stay safe during celebrations, and I hope your doggies like the fireworks/crackers more than my two do!!

:D

Sorry guys I wont be there on account of that Satu has been confirmed pregnant so we are on maternity and puppy duties for a while, but we will get back to kepala after that hopefully.

Glad to hear Dakota is crazy and happy and hope everyone had a great christmas too.

I'm in ! I'm new(ish) to Melbourne so still looking for doggie activities. Will bring my black lab Clancy, a salad of some type, and cake.

welcome to the kepala thread and we look forward to meeting you this sunday. we dont have any labs at the moment so it will be great to have Clancy running amok :)

List of dogs

Snout Girl- Bert, Sally, Bruce

deadsheep- Bronson, Cassie, Hannibal, Dolly, Mort

labsrock61a- Clancy

List of food

Snout Girl- something vegetarian for bbq, hamburgers

deadsheep- sausages, minute steak, bread, butter

labsrock61a- salad, cake

edited to remove a dog and add food

List of dogs

deadsheep- Bronson, Cassie, Dolly

labsrock61a- Clancy

List of food

deadsheep- sausages, minute steak, bread, bread rolls butter

labsrock61a- salad, cake

Hannibal shamed himself?

We are in, the poor dogs have been left out this week while I help mum move. Funnily enough they're not much of a help...

We will do a green salad of sorts, potato salad and napkins/plates/cutlery etc.

Will bring Gus, Rosie and might ask Napoleon, Gus's heterosexual (questionable...) Life partner.

I don't know if Bronson can handle the heterosexual competition? He's pretty smitten with Gus!

Hannibal is out due to being too much of a people suck up and not really playing with the dogs. We figured he'd be better off at home and force Dolly to be more independent without a chihuahua ese nearby. Maybe we'll bring another chi in Hannibal's place but we'll see who behaves themselves over the next few days.

Just realised that Feb and March will be a no go for us so I'll be bringing along our two on Sunday.

I think this is the list so far...

List of dogs

labsrock61a- Clancy

Steph M - Gus and Rosie

Leah82 - Collie and Sarah

List of food

labsrock61a- salad, cake

Steph M - Green Salad, potato salad, napkins/plates/cutlery etc

Leah82 - soft drink (I'll bring the car fridge again but will need help as I'll be minus Rick) - btw I didn't bring anything diet last time, does any want diet coke or lift etc?

Spoke to Kepala today, we are all systems go for this weekend :thumbsup:

We have 11 dogs, so enough for the booking, but if anyone pulls out we may be in strife.

If you have any friends with doggies ask them along- its going to be 26 degrees so perfect whether.

Unfortunately both the friends I bring cant make it this month :(

Cant wait!

We have decided to join in the fun this month.

List of dogs

labsrock61a- Clancy

Steph M - Gus and Rosie

Leah82 - Collie and Sarah

Valbitz + 1 - Billy

List of food

labsrock61a- salad, cake

Steph M - Green Salad, potato salad, napkins/plates/cutlery etc

Leah82 - soft drink (I'll bring the car fridge again but will need help as I'll be minus Rick) - btw I didn't bring anything diet last time, does any want diet coke or lift etc?

Valbitz - chicken wings and some sort of antipasto type platter for nibbles

I've added to the map :)

Once you get there use the entrance down the end marked in red.

The car park is marked in orange and the run we use is the purple one.

the run looks a bit different than on google maps as the pool and bbq area now take up about half of the run, but there's still plenty of room for lots of zoomies.

there will be a sign on the gate of the run saying it's reserved for Dogs Online so you'll know when you're in the right place

post-49536-0-42211300-1389305049_thumb.jpg