Need Statistics On Dog Dumped During And Post-christmas

Unfortunately those pretty statistics don't stop dogs being dumped, nor do they help those dogs. It just glosses over the "bad stuff" and says "but look, good stuff happens which means the bad stuff doesn't really matter".

I'm not sure that it does. I think what it does it put things into perspective, especially for animal advocates/rescuers. Too often we get swept up in the negative and don't even realise that, actually, this "irresponsible public" is by and large very responsible and caring. It's also a timely reminder to stop bashing the public, blaming anyone and everyone we can for being an "irresponsible owner," and start reaching out to the overwhelmingly good people in our communities.

Unfortunately those pretty statistics don't stop dogs being dumped, nor do they help those dogs. It just glosses over the "bad stuff" and says "but look, good stuff happens which means the bad stuff doesn't really matter".

I'm not sure that it does. I think what it does it put things into perspective, especially for animal advocates/rescuers. Too often we get swept up in the negative and don't even realise that, actually, this "irresponsible public" is by and large very responsible and caring. It's also a timely reminder to stop bashing the public, blaming anyone and everyone we can for being an "irresponsible owner," and start reaching out to the overwhelmingly good people in our communities.

:cry::thumbsup: