Kibble For Large Breed Pup ?

Hey, I'd like some suggestions for a good kibble to switch my bullarab pup onto.

He's currently getting morning meat and Cobber puppy at dinner.

Most people with this breed feed cheap stuff cobber, coprice, optimum.

Want to make sure I get the right balance though as this breed grows very quickly

I feed BlackHawk here. I would like to see them do a large kibble though. For giant breeds or dogs prone to scoffing their food, the Blackhawk kibble is tiny. Advance Giant has a decent size kibble that makes the dogs actually chew it before swallowing.

Over the years in rescue I have fed Science Diet, Eukanuba, Canidae, Advance, BlackHawk and just about any other premium food depending on what I could get best value for money on per pallet at the time I was buying it. Whilst there would be one or two dogs that needed a certain food or have an intolerance for one, for the most part it didn't really matter which one I fed.

Pro plan performance , eagle pack large and giant breed puppy or holistic select large and giant breed puppy are the three that based on my research and experience I suggest for large/giant breed puppies. I am not a fan of Blackhawk and have recently seen a pup with splayed feet and soft pasterns on this.

Edited by espinay2

I had to laugh at the big advance kibble not fitting into toys! I have the same problem and it's not even the large breed one, the only thing it does fit is her Kong Wobbler, and it still takes a while to get it all out haha.

Edited by GeorgieB

I had to laugh at the big advance kibble not fitting into toys! I have the same problem and it's not even the large breed one, the only thing it does fit is her Kong Wobbler, and it still takes a while to get it all out haha.

I have the advance too and it will only fit in the wobbler haha and takes her quite some time but that's a good thing!!! All her other toys I have to use a tiny amount of my puppy biscuits or they get stuck haha

• 3 weeks later...

Ive got a Doberman puppy who is on Blackhawk puppy kibble. He is now 15wks and weighs 19kgs which is well above norm for his breed, he should be around 15-16kgs. Am seriously thinking about switching him to an adults kibble to try and slow his growth down. He does not get treats other than when training, when I use either cheese or carrot sticks. He has a gorgeous shiny coat, tons of energy, does not look overweight but the scales do not lie:)) Thoughts?? Suggestions?? I had him checked by the vet who said he looks fine - his parents are both std size.

Ive got a Doberman puppy who is on Blackhawk puppy kibble. He is now 15wks and weighs 19kgs which is well above norm for his breed, he should be around 15-16kgs. Am seriously thinking about switching him to an adults kibble to try and slow his growth down. He does not get treats other than when training, when I use either cheese or carrot sticks. He has a gorgeous shiny coat, tons of energy, does not look overweight but the scales do not lie:)) Thoughts?? Suggestions?? I had him checked by the vet who said he looks fine - his parents are both std size.

The only BH kibble suitable for large fast growing dogs is the Fish & Potato.

Did your Breeder recommend you use BH?