Reaction To My Dog

GSDowner

As I said before, I have no issues with people avoiding my dogs as I proactively do the same. I prefer them not to greet unknown dogs that belong to unknown people.

But what I don't understand is the shrieking and saying things like 'vicious dog' :confused: Shrieking, I would have thought, is a great way to get a dog (or any animal, including humans!) to notice you.

And as for saying vicious dog, why do people feel that they need to express this?

No wonder I prefer dogs :laugh:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Rottie (God rest her soul) who was a very gentle girl...walked her into the pet barn and people walking out nearly died of fright and all never came anywhere near her. One woman picked up her child and ran. :mad

Many years ago I owned a Dobermann and sitting at the vets was a couple and their kids...I said do your kids want to pat my dog and they said yes...they are all patting her when I said do you realize you're patting a Dobermann...well they all pulled their hands away husband said..."But she's brown". :mad

If you're bothered by people's reaction to your dog, try walking down the street draped with a pet snake!

That sight would probably have me running to the next suburb, let alone running across the road.

T's Rat would certainly have me crossing the road with undue haste.

Bogart was the best friendly little rattie soul... I reckon you would have been putty in her little paws. She cured many a person's rat phobia did my sweet little girl. Piglet, on the other hand, used to beat up cats!

T.

Bogart was the best friendly little rattie soul... I reckon you would have been putty in her little paws. She cured many a person's rat phobia did my sweet little girl. Piglet, on the other hand, used to beat up cats!

T.

Ermm NO. I would not get anywhere near her little paws. I don't even want to think about rats paws. Do rats have paws? Is that what their feet are called?

T.

Ermm NO. I would not get anywhere near her little paws. I don't even want to think about rats paws. Do rats have paws? Is that what their feet are called?

They do have paws... they are like little hands really...

A well trained and tame pet rat is a pure delight to snuggle with. Nothing like the yukky wild ones...

They really aren't all that different to dogs in their temperaments, honest!

T.

If you're bothered by people's reaction to your dog, try walking down the street draped with a pet snake!

Done that but where we lived people were fascinated. It was beneficial on Halloween... laugh.gif

Of a pet rat poking out of your pocket... *grin*

T.

I'd punch you in the throat if you came anywhere near me with that and then I'd throw up for good measure.sick2.gif

Wow! Such a reaction to tiny little tame ratties... but we get offended when someone isn't fussed about our dogs... *grin*

T.

Do your ratties like ice-cream T?

My rat (RIP RatRatRattie) always got a little gob of ice-cream whenever we had some, she would go bonkers and lose her manners when she smelt it, she used to hold it in her hands and scoff it down then rub her hands together to warm them up :laugh:

For the rat phobes . . . dare you to watch this (clicker trained rats doing tricks you'd have a hard time teaching a dog)

No, I don't accept the dare. My stomach just flipped at the very sight of your rattie.

I'm with you... makes my skin crawl.

Wow! Such a reaction to tiny little tame ratties... but we get offended when someone isn't fussed about our dogs... *grin*

T.

Do your ratties like ice-cream T?

My rat (RIP RatRatRattie) always got a little gob of ice-cream whenever we had some, she would go bonkers and lose her manners when she smelt it, she used to hold it in her hands and scoff it down then rub her hands together to warm them up :laugh:

Toblerone chocolate was their biggest weakness. B-rat used to actually climb up on my shoulder and try to reef my mouth open to get to the chocolate... cheeky little sod!

Bogart was my heart rat... she was the sweetest little lady ever. I had her from a pinkie...

T.

Sometimes got a similar reaction to my apricot standard poodle.

Not known for their viciousness biggrin.gif

Most likely a big dog thing.

My dog looked like a giant teddy bear, with personality to match.

After visiting Vietnam, I'd say dogs there are like a whole separate species, compared with our pampered pooches in Australia.

No way would I pat any dog there, most were no-ones pet.

I don't get why other people are so worried about what others might think. Not all people like dogs and they don't have to. You can't control someone else's reaction to something so ignore them, mind your own business just enjoy your walk.

My dogs are now quite old so walks are few and far between but when they were younger we never had any issues with people when we were walking it was just other dogs so if someone picked up their small dog in order to carry it past my large dogs I would actually be relieved rather than offended as at least I knew they weren't going to let them run and launch themselves at my dogs so it was a win/win situation.

Ignore and continue walking...

Funny because most asian loves GSD but it's a fear thing. Kids are taught to be scared of dogs because of parents thinks dogs are dirty etc, and it's a vicious cycle, and they were never taught anything different as they grow older.