Two Devon Rex Beauties -special Needs

Hi cat people :)

I have two gorgeous Devon Rex cats looking for a very special forever home.

http://www.littlelegsdogrescue.com.au/devon-rex-cats.html

I'm open to them going further afield than Adelaide, but ONLY if a local rescue group with a good and ethical reputation is willing to assist with a home check and being a backup if the cats should need it. I've fallen totally in love with Cleo and Patrick but it's not comfortable for Patrick having the dogs around and I don't want to risk bringing new dogs into rescue while they're here. So we're at a bit of a stalemate until I can find them the perfect home.

All the info and contact details are in the link.

Jo xx

Edited to add - I've changed the title of the thread as I not only don't want to break the rules but I also need ideas to help make these two amazing and affectionate cats more appealing so I can find them an awesome home.

You'll see from the webpage writeup that they've had a pretty crappy past and as a result, these two 8 year old Rexes are now immune compromised and possible flu carriers. They are also wary of people until they get to know you and once that happens they are the biggest cuddle bums and so, so affectionate. For safety's sake it's best to find a home without other cats, and as Patrick isn't any closer to being comfortable with the dogs getting too close, I don't want a home with dogs. Little kids will be too stressful for them and Patrick coughs if he gets stressed. I won't cut corners with finding the best home for them and they have to go together.

Any ideas for promotion or presentation to generate some interest in them? Do I need to change the details on the webpage to make them more appealing? They are currently on Gumtree, Petrescue, Cat World, Devon Zone, Rex Rescue (not Rescue Rex), facebook - personal and rescue page, and they've been shared a bit through facebook. I've had some enquiries but mostly from people who have dogs or cats or are interstate and are convinced that Cleo and Patrick will be just fine. I won't risk it. I don't want them being messed around, I want the right home the first time.

Very open to any advertising suggestions or reworking of the webpage link if anyone has any ideas. xx

3999ed33-7017-4a97-ab17-0c755c5ea9d5.jpg

Edited by yellowgirl

Shared on FB. Being cat flu means their transport options are limited as they can't go commercial.

Edited by Ams

Rule 10 refers to no cross posting to other canine sites even for rescue but no mention of cats. Just send a quick message to Troy and ask if it is okay. smile.gif

Edited by Ams

WEIA no need to get nasty. YG has said she will seek permission from Troy and if he says no then the thread will be deleted. One could argue your thread on your kittens is quasi advertising but that is being permitted. How about a little Xmas spirit here for some rescue animals. If it bothers you that much report it, the result will be the same. Either Troy will delete it or he will permit it.

Troy himself has said it many times. Ask in the help forum for a quicker answer.

Why do you think all the other threads in the cat forum advertising animals get deleted?

Umm, I don't know anything about any other threads getting deleted. If Troy's okay with my edited post then that's fine, if he feels it needs to be removed then that's fine too.

WEIA no need to get nasty. YG has said she will seek permission from Troy and if he says no then the thread will be deleted. One could argue your thread on your kittens is quasi advertising but that is being permitted. How about a little Xmas spirit here for some rescue animals. If it bothers you that much report it, the result will be the same. Either Troy will delete it or he will permit it.

I wasn't nasty.

LOL - Considering that my kittens all had homes before they were born, it's definitely NOT advertising, and I'm rather offended that you would even say that.

It's against DOL rules to post animals for sale/adoption.

Very confused here - what about all the posts for dogs looking for a home that are fostered in rescue? I was under the impression that this was the same scenario but cats.

I thought the only rule was they must be desexed and not from a back yard breeder or puppy farm advertising them?

I recently did a post about a Himalayan cat needing a home/rescue (all vet work done). That wasn't against the rules.

Edited by dogmad

My understanding is that rescue cats are permitted to be advertised in the rescue forum.

Very confused here - what about all the posts for dogs looking for a home that are fostered in rescue? I was under the impression that this was the same scenario but cats.

I thought the only rule was they must be desexed and not from a back yard breeder or puppy farm advertising them?

I recently did a post about a Himalayan cat needing a home/rescue (all vet work done). That wasn't against the rules.

I'd originally posted in Cat Chat. Troy said the post would be better in the rescue forum so he moved it here. xx

I hope your kitties find homes YG, I love your rescue and you do so much for needy animals xx

Thank you honey. Have you seen the latest post on LLDR - we are working with RSPCA SA now!! :thumbsup:

Guest donatella

My understanding is that rescue cats are permitted to be advertised in the rescue forum.

I'd originally posted in Cat Chat. Troy said the post would be better in the rescue forum so he moved it here. xx

I hope your kitties find homes YG, I love your rescue and you do so much for needy animals xx

Thank you honey. Have you seen the latest post on LLDR - we are working with RSPCA SA now!! :thumbsup:

Yes I follow your Facebook, brilliant news on both accounts! You really are an animal angel.

They are very cute - I hope they find a home quickly - Devons are beautiful little busy cats.

These two are pretty chilled sparkycat :) They're really no trouble at all, they just want sleep, food and a bit of cuddle time. I'm going to really miss them when they go.

Merry Christmas to Yellowgirl, someone with a huge heart who does so much for animals in need and doesn't baulk at ones with huge medical and physical needs.

If only everyone was like that, the world would be a much nicer place. :thumbsup:

Merry Christmas to you too my friend :) It's been a hell of a year for both of us hasn't it? I've had enough of a 'rest' now, I'm really looking forward to getting back in the swing of things in the new year. I hope you're taking care of yourself. xx