Bc Rescue?

A colleague and his wife have put a lot of thought and consideration into the right time to add a four legged member into their family and have decided now is the right time (and by now, they're not in a hurry). They want to rescue, though his wife does have her heart set on a young border collie. He has previously owned a working dog type (kelpie x). They have a baby and a fair few dog savvy friends (a couple whom I know). He came to me months ago to ask for how to get a rescue and has diligently had a look at some websites and asked some questions (I had sent him AWDRI, coolie rescue and petrescue). Whilst not bound by what I am going to send him, I thought I'd put the feelers out there to see what's in foster care, or if there might be any litters in care at the moment. Ideal would be a BC pup / young one, but I think they'll be wanting a dog under 1 y.o.

Other links / material I can send them to consider as new fur-kid parents would be welcome too.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Panto

I can recommend Border Collie rescue. I contacted them for a dog for someone I knew, the dog had to meet very specific requirements, these requirements were not easy to find, however, Border Collie rescue went above and beyond to help locate the right border collie for my friend.

My friend has now had his 3rd Border Collie from Border Collie rescue and each time the people have just been amazing.

Doggie Rescue has a Border Collie currently. I was also speaking to someone yesterday who was looking to rehome their BC as they are unable to find rental accomm. Dog is good with other dogs and they have a 2 yr old child.

I can find out more if you like.

They are driving through Sydney in about a month and can bring dog with them.

Thanks everyone, all great options! I'm going to do my best to guide them through the adopting through rescue process, there can be a lot of questions and considerations!

dogmad, how old is this family's BC? Sad situation not being able to find rental accom. :(

Has anyone heard of companions for life? I haven't heard of them before.

Yes, wasn't Andrea who's connected with that rescue group... here on DOL? Over a number of years, I've had some dealings regarding some tibbies they've had. Found it an excellent rescue.