Old Pedigree Forms

MTD

Do people collect old pedigree forms ?

On cleaning out FIL house I found an old pedigree form from 1932 - Do people collect these ? or should I just throw out . I hate throwing things out :( So if anyone wants it let me know and I'll post it out to you , or if you think of anyone / club etc that would let me know also

its from The Kennel Association Of QLD for a German Shepherd Male dog , Kennel name - Bode of Wolfmountain

Please don't throw it out! Many states do keep their old pedigrees (especially that old) and many have been lost forever as the old ones are not on the ANKC data base. If your state body doesn't want it and your breed club don't the Vic dog library will happily add it to our collection which I will admit is huge. Given it is just the one room would be found! :)

As someone who is intently keen on old pedigrees and general history about my breed please offer the material you have to anyone who is seriously involved in the breed. This sort of material is so useful to anyone going through the breed history despite it may be sitting for years without any apparent connection to anything. I have recently filled in so many gaps because I was able to have access to some of the records past breeders had collected. Unfortunately much was destroyed by people that had no idea of the value, nor did they care.

If after asking the breed club and breeders no one is interested then you may need to re think what you do with the material.

So pleased you didn't just throw it out. I have the pedigree from my mother peke from before she met dad (I have more info on him too) I found a pedigree from our old Bull Terrier and his lines are mentioned in a book I have and I also have our Airedales too from the 1977 I think. It is all interesting reading and information if you ever get the time to research.

Thanks everyone :thumbsup:

I never throw things :laugh: always thinking someone may like this or that . I have had the pedigree sitting on my table now for about a year ( FIL passed away january this year ) now its time to find a new home

So pleased you didn't just throw it out. I have the pedigree from my mother peke from before she met dad (I have more info on him too) I found a pedigree from our old Bull Terrier and his lines are mentioned in a book I have and I also have our Airedales too from the 1977 I think. It is all interesting reading and information if you ever get the time to research.

I would be interested in knowing more about your Airedales Cointreau if you would like to share.