Endurance Test 2014

Shame to hear about ET's being cancelled. This is most likely caused by people not entering these events. If we want to see these events Continue it is very important that they are well supported.

Please give some thought to entering these events and encouraging others to do so. This way the endurance test will be around for many many more years.

M

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys

My name is Lee Ruf I am the trial secretary for the American Staffordshire terrier Club of Victoria

we will be holding the ET on Aug the 2nd 7am tis will be our first time running the event and would love to fill all 20 spots

VENUE: Springers Leisure Centre, 400 Cheltenham Road, Keysborough

JUDGE: Michael Stuart (VIC)

ENTRY FEE: $35 per entry for ASTCV Members, $40 for Non Members. (Includes DV levy and catalogue)

ENTRIES: Please email the Trial Secretary, Lee Ruf, [email protected] for your entry form. Complete this on your computer and return via email. A copy of the Veterinary Certificate of Soundness, will also be emailed, this needs to be printed, completed by your Veterinarian and presented at check in on the day of the trial.

Entrants must include on the entry form whether they are riding a bike or running. Please note: If you plan to RUN with your dog, you will have to run at a speed of 10km per hour for 2 hours. This is fast… please check you can do this as dogs have had to pull out because their handler could not keep up the pace.

ENTRIES STRICTLY CLOSE: Saturday 19th July 2014. Entries will be capped at 20 entrants.

CHECK IN: 6:15am to 6:45am. Dogs to be vetted by the Trial Veterinarian prior to trial commencement.

JUDGING COMMENCES: 7:00am

CATERING: Sausage sizzle and refreshments available for purchase.

SPECIAL CONDITIONS: All entrants who choose to ride a bicycle must wear a suitable safety helmet to comply with the State traffic laws. All bicycles must be in roadworthy condition.

In compliance with the ANKC rules the veterinary certificate issued within fourteen days immediately prior to the date of the test MUST BE SUBMITTED FOR EACH DOG ON THE DAY OF THE TEST. Your dog will not be permitted to compete unless the form is completed within two weeks of the test i.e. NOT before 19th July 2014.

This event is open to all breeds with ANKC registration papers, whose owners and handlers are members of a State Canine Controlling body i.e. DOGS Victoria. Dogs must be over 2 years of age and no older than 8 years of age on the day of the test. Dogs must compete wearing fixed collars or harnesses, no correction chains.

EXTREME TEMPERATURES: In the event the temperature reaches 24ºC at any time during the test on the 2nd of August 2014 this fixture will be cancelled in compliance with the ANKC rules.

AWARDS: Title sash and certificate for all those who pass the test.

SPONSORS: Kong, Hills Science Diet, Ezy Dog

Shame to hear about ET's being cancelled. This is most likely caused by people not entering these events. If we want to see these events Continue it is very important that they are well supported.

Please give some thought to entering these events and encouraging others to do so. This way the endurance test will be around for many many more years.

M

We did the ET offered by the Vizsla Club last weekend & enjoyed a very well run event. I would recommend the ET to everyone.

We took advantage of training partners beforehand (thanks Starkhehre & Prodigybxr), & will continue to ride with others on occasion, for fun as well as helping others to prepare.

Well done on passing the ET!

Next one is the GSDCV on June 21.

If any if you are doing that one please make a point if saying hello. Put names to faces!

I'll be the one that looks like a judge! LOL

M

Question! :D can I use a normal show entry form for the ET? I'm in NSW, I googled and found a Victorian Performance entry form but is there a NSW equivalent? (I've never seen one)

I've filled it out, just want to check that it's right and then send it off!

Did anyone here pass their ET at the Dally Club one? (I'm FB friend with some club people who run it so saw that it was on!)

Question! :D can I use a normal show entry form for the ET? I'm in NSW, I googled and found a Victorian Performance entry form but is there a NSW equivalent? (I've never seen one)

I've filled it out, just want to check that it's right and then send it off!

Did anyone here pass their ET at the Dally Club one? (I'm FB friend with some club people who run it so saw that it was on!)

As far as I know, you can use any ANKC approved entry form. Should be fine.

Have not heard any results from Dally Club.

M

Any news on a QLD ET this year?

These are the details for the Ipswich ET.

M

IPSWICH DOG OBEDIENCE CLUB INC. Endurance Trial

Sunday, 3rd August 2014

Laidley Showgrounds, McGregor Street, Laidley

Closing Date: Entries to:

Enquiries: Entry Fees:

Judging:

Monday, 14th July 2014

Trial Secretary, 18 Wruck Crt., MINDEN Qld. 4311

Ann Clarkson 5426 8774. 0412 989 779 on the day.

$20.00 per class / entry.

ENDURANCE TRIALS JUDGE

Mr. B. Nobbs Group 1 Commences 6.00am.

Vetting: 5.00am–5.45am.

• Vet Certificate of Soundness required.

• SSAE or email address for Club to forward to you, together with directions.

• BBQ Breakfast.

• Camping : $12.00 to be paid with entry.

TRIAL Eagle Alliance SPONSORS: Earthmoving

M

We did the ET offered by the Vizsla Club last weekend & enjoyed a very well run event. I would recommend the ET to everyone.

We took advantage of training partners beforehand (thanks Starkhehre & Prodigybxr), & will continue to ride with others on occasion, for fun as well as helping others to prepare.

It was such a well run trial. Highly recommend! Fabulous judge, too.

Good luck to all entered in the GSDCV ET next Saturday.

Weather says "Melbourne area. Areas of morning fog about the outer suburbs. A partly cloudy day. Winds north to northwesterly and light increasing to 20 to 30 km/h during the day."

Partly cloudy. Max 16.

Looks promising. It will be great day.

M

Enjoyed the ET today - it was my third one! My girl Questa and my sisters girl Xilla both passed.

I've sent off my entry for the amstaff club ET in august and hopefully my young girl can be trained up with the bike in time. She's super fit already but also big and strong so I'm a bit nervous!!

Here's Questa and Xilla after the ET today

ysyde4a4.jpg

Enjoyed the ET today - it was my third one! My girl Questa and my sisters girl Xilla both passed.

I've sent off my entry for the amstaff club ET in august and hopefully my young girl can be trained up with the bike in time. She's super fit already but also big and strong so I'm a bit nervous!!

Here's Questa and Xilla after the ET today

ysyde4a4.jpg

They did appear to enjoy themselves. And they did work so well for you. Well done!

M

I can't stop thinking about the poor dog and handler (I think it was CC?) who's dog vetted out due to coming into season after the second leg vet check. Its terrible luck but the more I think about it, the less I can understand why dogs who come into season during the test have to be disqualified? That early on in their season, there would be very very little chance of it upsetting entire male dogs and of course its of no detriment to the bitch herself. At obedience trials, you are vetted at the beginning of the day and you can trial several hours later without having to be re-checked. Why are endurance trials different, does anyone know?

I can't stop thinking about the poor dog and handler (I think it was CC?) who's dog vetted out due to coming into season after the second leg vet check. Its terrible luck but the more I think about it, the less I can understand why dogs who come into season during the test have to be disqualified? That early on in their season, there would be very very little chance of it upsetting entire male dogs and of course its of no detriment to the bitch herself. At obedience trials, you are vetted at the beginning of the day and you can trial several hours later without having to be re-checked. Why are endurance trials different, does anyone know?

ET's are not different. It is just that the vetting process is an ongoing process during the event, not like obedience where it is a once off check prior to participating.

i felt terrible having to disqualify that entrant, but I have to follow the rules. What would happen if the bitch in season DID distract another dog that consequently failed? It's a tough call.

That entrant, and another that was disqualified due to her dog's pad becoming torn and bleeding both showed true sportsmanship in accepting my decision/ruling and both stayed to the end to see the successful entrants be awarded. They are both to be commended.

M

Please don't think I was questioning your decisions as a judge, because that is absolutely not the case. I am questioning why that rule is in place, especially compared to obedience as I mentioned. To me it would make more sense to check the bitches at the initial health check, and then not again. What if it upsets a male who then doesn't pass? I think there is much more chance of a male being upset about a bitch in true season belonging to the general public who has peed on the course, or even being walked around the course during the ET and there's absolutely nothing stopping that from occurring. As much as we do to condition and train our dogs for the ET, there will always be factors beyond our control that could throw a spanner in the works, including imjuries, interference from outside dogs, etc and I really believe that a bitch coming into season during the test is a very big risk factor at all.

Please don't think I was questioning your decisions as a judge, because that is absolutely not the case. I am questioning why that rule is in place, especially compared to obedience as I mentioned. To me it would make more sense to check the bitches at the initial health check, and then not again. What if it upsets a male who then doesn't pass? I think there is much more chance of a male being upset about a bitch in true season belonging to the general public who has peed on the course, or even being walked around the course during the ET and there's absolutely nothing stopping that from occurring. As much as we do to condition and train our dogs for the ET, there will always be factors beyond our control that could throw a spanner in the works, including imjuries, interference from outside dogs, etc and I really believe that a bitch coming into season during the test is a very big risk factor at all.

No, I don't think that at all! :)

I understand exactly what you are saying. I guess it is just part of the vetting process and unfortunately the rules state that a bitch in season cannot compete. Very true about the public. One aspect of which we have no control.

M