• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7/52

Braidwood Races - a good old country race meeting! :D

Ambulances deployed to traffic accidents in the area meant a delay to the start of the afternoon; then there were two near deaths including an almost fatal choking on a steak sandwich; a false start in the first with two horses flying the gates thinking the rest of the field were following; kangaroos in the centre of the track, then finally the much needed rain came down in torrents & the meeting was abandoned after the first race due to the state of the track & poor visibility!

Hanging around in the tie up stalls waiting for the ambulance to return to the course:

12553215993_f9cef1d3d1_c.jpg

Braidwood Races by Groenendevil on Flickr

7/52

Braidwood Races - a good old country race meeting! :D

Ambulances deployed to traffic accidents in the area meant a delay to the start of the afternoon; then there were two near deaths including an almost fatal choking on a steak sandwich; a false start in the first with two horses flying the gates thinking the rest of the field were following; kangaroos in the centre of the track, then finally the much needed rain came down in torrents & the meeting was abandoned after the first race due to the state of the track & poor visibility!

Hanging around in the tie up stalls waiting for the ambulance to return to the course:

12553215993_f9cef1d3d1_c.jpg

Braidwood Races by Groenendevil on Flickr

Love this trifecta brings back many childhood memories as the daughter of a bookmaker. I would hang in the stalls all day as a kid and when it all went electronic it crushed my dreams of being a penciller for the old man lol.

Love this trifecta brings back many childhood memories as the daughter of a bookmaker. I would hang in the stalls all day as a kid and when it all went electronic it crushed my dreams of being a penciller for the old man lol.

The electronics didn't do too well in the rain, HW! Highly likely I've had a bet with your ol' man, & even likelier OH has, don't think there's a course in NSW that he's not been to :laugh:

7/52

I am cheating and using a photo from last week because this week I have been caught up with the fires.

This is Dee and Zeph chasing their solid ball around the backyard.

I need to change the shutter settings so that I get a clear totally focused shot of both dogs, like a snap shot of the action. It is a work in progress.

IMGP1332_zpsff039ea3.jpg

The electronics didn't do too well in the rain, HW! Highly likely I've had a bet with your ol' man, & even likelier OH has, don't think there's a course in NSW that he's not been to :laugh:

Yep not too many tracks I haven't been to either. My bro and I always joked that when most kids were going to Luna Park we were going to Harold Park, Wentworth Park, Menangle Park :laugh: