15 Week Old Koolie Pups

Koolie rescue has been given a litter of 15 week old Koolie pups looking for new forever homes, donations to our Mobile vets are being asked for, to meet medical needs and ongoing care of these young pups. All successful adopters will be supplied with bank details for direct donations to our Vet. To avoid attracting those who only look at colour no photos will be posted and where possible visits will be encouraged in Echuca to meet and greet the pups to allow the pups to choose.

There are girls and boys and they are all solids black, black and tan or one male red and tan.

If anyone is interested please PM me.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To avoid attracting those who only look at colour no photos will be posted

Nawww, I love looking at Koolie puppy photos.

I can see where you're coming from, but I am one to adopt a dog based on colour. I will narrow it down and if the temperament doesn't suit me, then I will move along and still look for the right dog but with my desired colour. I currently have two black house dogs so everything inside is based around the colour of their fur. I could not add a lighter coloured dog or I would be doing constant housework and constantly whinging about the fur! Just explaining from the other side of the coin that it's not always all bad. I will probably always actively seek out darker dogs for the house.

Well these are mostly solid black. Our experience is that with puppies people pick the merles first and we wanted to avoid that scenario - these are all solid, come from good working and agility lines and we would prefer that the pups pick their people rather than the other way around.

Well these are mostly solid black. Our experience is that with puppies people pick the merles first and we wanted to avoid that scenario - these are all solid, come from good working and agility lines and we would prefer that the pups pick their people rather than the other way around.

Seriously?

I'd have thought the foster carer would be matching pups to the most suitable homes.

We are very fussy about who gets our rescues but yes our general practice is to let the dogs choose the people rather than the other way around. We generally only show people dogs who are suitable for what they want but then it is up to the dogs. We don't get many returns - the dogs choose well.

J

come from good working and agility lines and we would prefer that the pups pick their people rather than the other way around.

Are the parents available to be viewed? I know someone looking, since you have mentioned they are from good working & agility lines, I was wondering if that was an option?

I doubt it - we don't have them. They do come from a very reputable Koolie breeder and some of her other dogs have achieved very well in agility and many are out working on farms. The breeder is not currently in a position to keep or sell the pups which is why they were given to us rather than being sold.

Edited by Perry's Mum

There are girls and boys and they are all solids black, black and tan or one male red and tan.

So now that you've described the colours and there are no merles, what's the problem with putting up a photo?

I doubt it - we don't have them. They do come from a very reputable Koolie breeder and some of her other dogs have achieved very well in agility and many are out working on farms. The breeder is not currently in a position to keep or sell the pups which is why they were given to us rather than being sold.

Surely if the breeder is reputable though, they wouldn't mind allowing potential adopters to view the parents? (Especially if they are asking for help from rescue and rescue needs donations for vet fees).

All successful adopters will be supplied with bank details for direct donations to our Vet.

Please don't take this the wrong way Perry's Mum but will successful adopters also be given the vet's name and address and not just the bank details? Unfortunately, I adopted a dog of the same breed once and was given the vet's bank details. I later found out through a friend of a friend, who the vet was. I phoned them to make sure my donation went toward the dog I adopted. A little of it did but most of it didn't. Most of it simply came off the account of the rescue person. The vet even told me that the account also covered that person's own dogs. I was only thinking that it wouldn't hurt to give adopters as many details as you can, then no one can say otherwise.

Have to Agree pix should be posted, All pups are solid colour no one will be picking based on that, besides which any adopter would have to be checked out before getting the dog given to them for free. Maybe Koolie rescue should start putting a adoption fee on their pups/dogs to pay for some of the costs?? I have had this discussion many times.

I now do private Koolie Rescue and I have never needed a donation, Vet does cheaper work for rescue and I only charge to cover costs, sometimes this means a dog will be sold for only the cost of Vaccination if all other vet work is complete, however if more work is needed the cost reflects this.

ETA - I have 2 seperate accounts at the vet , my rescue account and my own pets account.

Edited by sheree_e4

Have to Agree pix should be posted, All pups are solid colour no one will be picking based on that, besides which any adopter would have to be checked out before getting the dog given to them for free. Maybe Koolie rescue should start putting a adoption fee on their pups/dogs to pay for some of the costs?? I have had this discussion many times.

I now do private Koolie Rescue and I have never needed a donation, Vet does cheaper work for rescue and I only charge to cover costs, sometimes this means a dog will be sold for only the cost of Vaccination if all other vet work is complete, however if more work is needed the cost reflects this.

That sounds better if you do it that way sheree_e4. Then the applicable paperwork for the vet costs (Vaccination record etc) can be supplied to the new owner (and I'm sure they wouldn't mind paying a bit extra for feed and transport).

When I contacted the rescuers vet (it wasn't you btw.....lol), they also told me that another reason my donation covered a lot more than what they had done on my new dog, was because they provided a discount for rescued dogs. I told them I was ok with my donation being used to help ANY rescues but as I said before, it was deducted from the entire account (including the rescuers own dogs). Oh well, live and learn.....LOL.

That sounds better if you do it that way sheree_e4. Then the applicable paperwork for the vet costs (Vaccination record etc) can be supplied to the new owner (and I'm sure they wouldn't mind paying a bit extra for feed and transport).

When I contacted the rescuers vet (it wasn't you btw.....lol), they also told me that another reason my donation covered a lot more than what they had done on my new dog, was because they provided a discount for rescued dogs. I told them I was ok with my donation being used to help ANY rescues but as I said before, it was deducted from the entire account (including the rescuers own dogs). Oh well, live and learn.....LOL.

That is an absolute breach of privacy on the part of the vet clinic. It's common knowledge that if a rescue is fortunate enough to have a bit left over from one dog it will always be used on the next dog.

Even if whatever rescue you're talking about is doing some sort of creative accounting re using the rescue account for their own dogs which I wouldn't defend either.

That clinic and it's staff has no right to tell anyone anything without permission from their client. None at all. I can't believe the lack of professionalism.

Seriously... if I donate to a vet clinic account for a rescue, I'm just happy that it's paid off some of that account. It really doesn't matter if the occasional rescue person's own dog is seen on that account... that would be way overshadowed by the amount of rescues seen...

T.

There are so many costs to being a rescuer outside of vet bills. I wouldn't have a problem with the rescuers dogs being on the same account, they are still buying food, treats, bedding, non-vet supplements and medications(flea control, shampoo, etc). If the rescuers dog being on the account offsets those costs so the rescuer can buy all the other necessities then that's A-OK by me...

There is no way we are going to charge standard adoption fees for these pups or any other Koolie Rescues. Koolie Rescue does have a separate account with the vet and the name and phone number of the vet will be provided to anyone who adopts.

My own animals and rescue animals are on the same account, and I pay all the fees! If I'm lucky, adoption fees will cover the rescue animals costs but usually not.

Yes - that is the reality of it. They are just charging a fee and instead of you paying the money directly to the rescuer you pay the money into the vets account (as that is where a lot of rescue money lands up anyway). What they then do with the money is their business and the vet has no right to tell anyone.

As touchy-feely as we like to make rescue, rescuers are just selling something (a dog in this case). What they do with the proceeds of that sale is up to them (as long as they're not misleading anyone). We use feelgood words like "adopt" and "donation" but in reality you are buying a dog and paying a fee for it. No one questions a breeder what they're going to do with the money when they buy a pup.

I really wish people would stop making ambit claims about rescues that they refuse to name. It puts all rescuers under suspicion and starts the "ooh, I wonder who did that?" game. Not productive. If you're going to make a claim that someone has done something wrong, name them and back it up with facts.

Edited by megan_

Sorry, there is such a thing as a donation. As a deductible registered charity we are given donations specifically for our rescue dogs. I do not want my personal dogs on an account that donors pay for.

For private rescuers it depends on how you run things and how you cover the bills enough to keep your doors open. People do what works for them.

What staggers me most of this whole thread is a vet clinic giving out client account details. Unbelievable.