15 Week Old Koolie Pups

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting such a mix of what people like given the concern about posting photos. :)

Was thinking the same thing. Checked out the Koolie Facebook pages and SOOO many people like and want the solid colours :)

Perry's Mum, a friend and neighbour (we live in the bush) came over for tea tonight. He lost his Coolie to old age recently (17 yrs). His boy was his best mate and my friend lives alone (apart from a few working Kelpies). He spent most of his time with us tonight, cuddling my Coolies. He doesn't have a computer, phone or T.V. Just his UHF radio if he ever needs help. (Sorry for the spelling but most of the farmers around here still stick to their history and call them German Coolies). No biggie..........same dog, different name. Whatever we call them they are all gorgeous <3 <3 <3.

He feels he can never replace his boy but we tried to tell him that it's NOT replacing his boy, it's giving another Coolie a chance at life.

He's now thinking of saving a Coolie but he just had a couple of questions. He has working Kelpies and doesn't want to put them at risk so wants to know if the little rescue babies are fully vaccinated and wormed. If they're not, he said he will need to build a quarantine area until his rescued Coolie is fully protected.

Hopefully, this may be a wonderful home for one of the babies and with our friend living nearby, I can keep an eye on it.

I can't see my friend being able to leave his farm to travel to Kerrie's place in Victoria, so what do you suggest?

Is there a way that we can both help him and one of those poor little homeless pups????????????

Edited by Bonniebank

Interesting such a mix of what people like given the concern about posting photos. :)

Was thinking the same thing. Checked out the Koolie Facebook pages and SOOO many people like and want the solid colours :)

Perry's Mum, a friend and neighbour (we live in the bush) came over for tea tonight. He lost his Coolie to old age recently (17 yrs). His boy was his best mate and my friend lives alone (apart from a few working Kelpies). He spent most of his time with us tonight, cuddling my Coolies. He doesn't have a computer, phone or T.V. Just his UHF radio if he ever needs help. (Sorry for the spelling but most of the farmers around here still stick to their history and call them German Coolies). No biggie..........same dog, different name. Whatever we call them they are all gorgeous <3 <3 <3.

He feels he can never replace his boy but we tried to tell him that it's NOT replacing his boy, it's giving another Coolie a chance at life.

He's now thinking of saving a Coolie but he just had a couple of questions. He has working Kelpies and doesn't want to put them at risk so wants to know if the little rescue babies are fully vaccinated and wormed. If they're not, he said he will need to build a quarantine area until his rescued Coolie is fully protected.

Hopefully, this may be a wonderful home for one of the babies and with our friend living nearby, I can keep an eye on it.

I can't see my friend being able to leave his farm to travel to Kerrie's place in Victoria, so what do you suggest?

Is there a way that we can both help him and one of those poor little homeless pups????????????

Tell him to give Kerrie a call - or you can - sounds like a good home to me. Of course they are fully vaccinated and wormed. Where are you? There are ways of arranging transport.

Tell him to give Kerrie a call - or you can - sounds like a good home to me. Of course they are fully vaccinated and wormed. Where are you? There are ways of arranging transport.

Southern tablelands and a long way to travel so could you scan the vaccination records please.

Off to bed now as we have much hand feeding to do tomorrow (no rain) and have two of our four dry dams being cleaned out and made bigger,

Talk tomorrow Ailsa.