My Dog's A Dope Because....

hankdog

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dog's a dope because she does stuff without thinking and is a creature of habit. For instance earlier today i had her jumping on top of the bin, a few hours later I went to put something in the bin and she slammed into the half open lid then fell on her back. *facepalm*

My dog's a dope because she sits in the same spot for hours staring at cupboards that have her ball or stuffed toy in them.

My other dog's a dope because he routinely tries to zoom around the house, resulting in him bashing his head on doors and sliding around corners like a moron.

Edited by Aussie3

... because he barks at his squeaky toy alligator trying to get it to play with him, then throws it around and does zoomies through the house on his own (I honestly think he believes it's going to chase him...)

I love my little dope.

My dog's a dope because she does stuff without thinking and is a creature of habit. For instance earlier today i had her jumping on top of the bin, a few hours later I went to put something in the bin and she slammed into the half open lid then fell on her back. *facepalm*

:laugh: Riley does this too, he's learnt to jump into my arms on command but he regularly tries when my arms are clearly occupied with something else and just falls back on the ground *eyeroll*

My dogs a dope because he regularly rolls around on his back while barking at nothing.

Mine does this too. She's speshal

Must be an Aussie thing lol

Mine doesn't do it :curtsey:

Edited coz I randomly posted in the middle of the quote.

Edited by Simply Grand

Not sure if my Angie is a dope or as sharp as a tack. Her antics have me in stitches but her latest last week was beyond belief.

In season & eager to be mated. The boy was so desperately trying to do his job but for some reason couldn't quite do it. After a short time I thought he will wear himself out so I will put him in the lounge for a rest & try him later.

As I went up behind him & scooped one hand under his belly to lift him, with my other hand on his back to carry him inside she stood up on her back legs & wrapped both her paws around his neck to try & get him back off me. Quite persistently :eek:

I didn't even know a dog could do that with its front legs. What a little tart :laugh:

Anyway he had his rest & hopefully we will have tiny toy poodle puppies in a few weeks.

I'm a dope because Willow often looks at me like I'm a :dunce: when I sometimes ask her to do stuff. Her look is like, "You should know, I'm not planning on doing that." If she had glasses, she'd look over the top of the rim at me like a teacher avidly listening to her student tell a story of unbeliveable, unbeliveability.

But she is a dope when she randomly throws things at me because she's bored and wants to play.

Dory is a dope (no she's not, she's too good for that) when she thinks it's dinner time and I'm still occupied. She leaps into my lap with joyous abandon and loves all over me, rolling around, licking and rubbing her head on me.

Edited by Dory the Doted One

Kieran always used to make me laugh ..because if anything went missing ,,we knew who had borrowed it by the soft toy left at the crime scene ..pretty much always ;) he was a 42 kg sook ..and used to carry his toys everywhere ..but had to put them down when he was borrowing things ,obviously ;)

Zig is not so much a dope but an eternal optimist.

Em is in season so we are rotating crates, outside and inside time. Em had some quiet time in her crate this evening with a few stuffed Kongs (after some intense training and several exercise sessions) and Zig keeps trying to flirt with her. He doesn't seem to realise that a) she's not interested, and b) she's trying to eat in peace so all the snarling from her in the world just makes him flirt harder. It's the only time Em ever gets cranky with him but he really thinks "no" means "yes" - our very own "Mr Collins" lol

My dog is a dope because when I want to go for a walk and pick up the lead she runs out the back door and plays "can't catch me".

My answer to that is to say "shutting the door now" and shut it.

Tho sometimes I think she does that because she really wants to do a number 2 before a possible long car ride. Then again she usually saves the number 2s for the park. So I don't know.

Mostly I'm the dope tho. She's very good at training me.

I've just found Tempeh's dope spot. With the big new tv and cable subscription we have been watching a few dog shows. Temp gets quite fixated on the new dogs in the house and has been looking behind the tv to check them out further. Hopefully she will learn to share!