My Dog's A Dope Because....

hankdog

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dog's a dope because she does stuff without thinking and is a creature of habit. For instance earlier today i had her jumping on top of the bin, a few hours later I went to put something in the bin and she slammed into the half open lid then fell on her back. *facepalm*

:laugh: Riley does this too, he's learnt to jump into my arms on command but he regularly tries when my arms are clearly occupied with something else and just falls back on the ground *eyeroll*

This made me LOL :laugh: I can just picture it

Munce the dunce spins down the side of the house, dongs his nose on the wall & wanders off to sulk. Hen then does exactly the same thing five minutes later...

He is the same dog who hides behind me when he sees the scary grey & white monster who is going to eat him. She's a tiny grey & white cat - he's a massive big greyhound & a complete sook. I swear the cat laughs at him - she pounces at him & he nearly hits the roof before running off to hide. :rofl:

His best trick of all though is when he's in the back seat of my truck. He always ends up falling off the seat, lying on the floor on his back with all four legs in the air where the promptly goes to sleep.

He is such a daft big looney dope but oh blimey I love him! :love:

Jingo the dope thinks plastic bags are the devil themselves. I will never be attacked by one, that is for certain. He growls ferociously at them until I remove them. Christmas beetles get his hackles up too, but he eventually disposes of this threat, after circling, growling and barking at them....

ahhhh, puppy years! I love them.

Di

Blaez is a dope because he too thinks a snarling bitch is an invitation and just wants to snuggle with him. If that fails his go to is to bark high pitched in her face non stop. He also likes to build a den (like actually tunnel under a way then hollow out a "room" and pad with leaves ect) when theres a bitch on heat nearby.

Jerry Lee is a dope because he thinks he can walk on the window ledge with the cat. Because I came down late the other night to find him with the spew bucket (we were all sick) firmly wedged on his head snoring loudly complete with legs in the air and paws crossed. Because he sits infront of the heater no matter the weather.

Im a dope for thinking what a great trainer I was teaching Jerry Lee to paw at me instead of mouth as a puppy. He will now reliably b!tch slap me :laugh:

Mine run to the front door when anyone on TV rings a doorbell (or an elevator dings). We don't have a doorbell, and have never lived anywhere with a doorbell...

Are dogs hardwired to know doorbells mean someone at the front door? :laugh:

Guest hankodie

My dog is the dopiest of all dopes. Every time he finds a bug crawling on the ground he will lie down to play with it, then get frustrated when it won't "play" back. After awhile he will start to paw at it enthusiastically while growling. Then when the bug inevitably stops moving, he will whine in confusion and then lay his head down with the dead bug inches away from his nose. Every now and then he will paw at it helplessly but for the most part he just stares at it as if he is mourning the bug's demise.

Then he finds another bug and does it all over again...

My dog is a dope because he is so curious that he sticks his boofy head into everything. :laugh:

At the beach he digs a hole in the wet sand, sticks his head in, and lets the sand cave in on his head. Like so:

1235414_10151706304154682_1171776235_n.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Try a 30+kg Malinois cramming himself into a pug sized crate at dinner time because he just goes into autopilot and thinks any crate he squishes into = get my dinner

My Dogue used to sleep so close to campfires his fur would burn from the flying embers. He didn't even flinch, we came back one trip he looked like he had been attacked by a whipper snipper :laugh:

And not a dog but Winston the 'how do I get down' ferret ... oh yes he can climb, then has a brain fart ...

P2140017.jpg

Hey I can see my house from here! Uhhh guys little help ...

P2140025.jpg

Hey I made it.... oh crap

lol, I had a rabbit that used to sniff the electric fan heater, despite being black he ended up having white curly whiskers most winters :p

My dog is a dope because he spends his entire life wanting to be a part of the most exciting thing happening and doesn't always know what that is.

An example is a small kayaking trip recently where OH stayed on shore and me and Sarah went for a paddle.

Collie didn't like seeing me and Sarah paddle off without him so he swam up to the kayak resulting in me dragging his soggy arse on-board

A bit upstream he decides he needs to find OH, started whining and eventually jumped to shore to find him

On my way back I see OH, Collie's there and already whining and then proceeds to swim back to the kayak :p

it can get pretty exhausting to watch

Guest Maeby Fünke

These are so funny. I'm loving this thread.

My Pug is a dope because when he makes his bed he doesn't move his arms up and down/backwards and forwards like most dogs do, he moves them sideways and it looks so retarded.

Also, when I have fillet steak the smell drives him crazy and he trots all around the house and the backyard. You can pick him up and change his direction and he will just keep going like a little wind-up toy car. Because he's a Pug, he doesn't bend his short legs, it's more like a bouncing trot than a run.

Edited by Maeby Fünke

You can pick him up and change his direction and he will just keep going like a little wind-up toy car. Because he's a Pug, he doesn't bend his short legs, it's more like a bouncing trot than a run.

OMG Victoria does this too :laugh: round and round and round, then you pick her up, put her 180 and she just keeps going :rofl: I thought she was just shpesh

Guest Maeby Fünke
You can pick him up and change his direction and he will just keep going like a little wind-up toy car. Because he's a Pug, he doesn't bend his short legs, it's more like a bouncing trot than a run.

OMG Victoria does this too :laugh: round and round and round, then you pick her up, put her 180 and she just keeps going :rofl: I thought she was just shpesh

:laugh:

My Pug is like "Oh my god, there's steak!" and off he goes with this desperate look on his face.

My Pug is like "Oh my god, there's steak!" and off he goes with this desperate look on his face.

Oh it doesn't matter, if she's conscious and hungry we're off, especially if there's more then one person eating then it's all over. And dinner time :laugh: that's at warp speed

:laugh:

That mental image is truly priceless! Haha. I am laughing so hard!