My Dog's A Dope Because....

hankdog

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the photos of Earl KelpieHoundMum. Especially the action shot, love his droopy face. laugh.gif

And Hankdog, I can just picture Jake waking your sister with his flappy muzzle in her eye. My Boxer has scared the bejeebus out of me with a similar wake up tactic. Lucky their faces are velvety and flat, no sharp edges!

This one involves my partners dog. While Jonah was snuggled up in his crate on the patio during this afternoons big storm Askari was running around in the rain. He was soaked when I got home, then gave me and the house a shower when I let them in.

He also has a "dumbass"nickname :)

Welcome Canetoad! :D

Well, considering our male Henschke's nickname is boofhead, I think he has the dope thing down pat. Everything he does is dopey, from the way he gallops along sticking his back leg straight out, to the way he curls up so small in beds that are too small or sticks his legs out due to not fitting, to the way he lies on his back thumping his tail when playing 'dead'. He's such a laugh! :laugh:

Naww :love: : love:

He is really absolutely totally gorgeous! :love:

I just want to smoosh that face! I would spend all my time either laughing at him or snuggling him.

Are his ears as soft as they look? :o

Yes they are and he is very smooshable - except when he has just had a drink and his ears are wet and cold and he has drool hanging from his jowls - then - hhhmmm - not so smooshable (unless you have a towel :))

I remembered a funny thing Quinn went through a phase of doing, she'd burrow under a blanket on the couch then sit up next to me with the blanket over her head, poke her nose at me then sit really still.

I'd say "where's Quinn?" "where's Quinny gone, where is she?" then pull the blanket off her head and exclaim "there's Quinn!" and she'd break into a goofy grin with her tongue hanging out of her mouth :laugh:

(obviously I initiated this game the first time she sat up under the blanket but she seemed to like it because she kept doing it, hehehe)

Edited by Simply Grand

Stan and Maddie had their monthly heartworm tablet tonight wrapped in a slice of devon. Stan then did a few laps of the house in excitement because he had a slice of devon. He's now curled up asleep on the lounge because all is good in his world, after that slice of devon.

:laugh:

I just remembered another one. Lakota used to be scared of dog poo. If she stood in it, she would hold her paw up in the air till someone cleaned it off. Once one of the pups had an accident in the laundry where she slept. I found her up on the washing machine where it was safe. I tried to get her to go out so I could clean it and she climbed higher onto a window ledge. That's right my 35-40kg dog stood on a tiny window ledge rather than go near puppy poo. I had to carry her to safety. Then back in again as she did not believe me when I told her it was all gone! She was the toughest dog....so long as there was no dog poo!