Thank You But It's Not To Be :(

Pjrt

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love old fashioned names like Daphne and Madge. my nan was Gladys . :D

So do I. I often call Maddie Madge, that's my lovely old 94 year old neighbours name :)

Stan and Madge, can't get much more old fashioned than that :laugh: When my next greyhound comes along he will be Reg :)

Oh my I quite like Reason.

everything happens for a reason, yes? I knew I would find a reason for it all. If she barks it will be the voice of Reason .If the neighbors tell me shes been barking, I will tell them NO , you have been hearing the voice of Reason....

Yeah I rather like that. I sure need a Reason to be here right now!

I love old fashioned names like Daphne and Madge. my nan was Gladys . :D

So do I. I often call Maddie Madge, that's my lovely old 94 year old neighbours name :)

Stan and Madge, can't get much more old fashioned than that :laugh: When my next greyhound comes along he will be Reg :)

I've always liked Arthur for a dog. :) Mind you, I have a Howard.

My siblings and I used to play the old fashioned name game when I was driving, cos I drive like a Granny but I give as good as I get....

Beryl

Ethel

Gertrude

Gladys

Agnes

Agatha

Hortense

Mildred

etc

Cow names - Daisy (But that's an ee name), Buttercup

and that made me think of Butterball - company who sells Turkeys in USA.

Buttercup - I think that was the name of the nurse maid / pirate in Pirates of Penzance

there is a pirate name generator out there somewhere.

http://www.piratequiz.com/

Lumpy Space Princess makes me think of Princess Leia Organa or Carrie Fisher - the lumps being those weird things around her ears. She was also a Skywalker.

PS I'd love to yell butterball across the oval...

Edited by Mrs Rusty Bucket

I have to ask this but isn't a freckle also something else in a dog? :o I wasn't quite game to ask but then got too curious. :laugh:

I wondered what you might have been alluding to so I casually google 'dog freckles' and under the images this is one of the very first pictures. I was like whooooaaaa!!! It's not her I carefully compared their facial marking, but OMG! Listed as an AWDRI puppy , cattle dog x boxer, from 2011!

ETA.....the photo!

ETA..... I also didnt figure out what you were alluding to!

Edited by skyefool

I am so so glad that I was wrong!!! That could be her twin!!! How's the gorgeous girl going and her lovely mum too? xx

she is really going very well. today I had two men visit the house. One, my ex, who she met briefly a couple of days ago. She did a half hearted grumble through the door but as soon as he came in, while I restrained her and did a proper introduction in the house, she was all over him for snuggles. Most dogs are freaky wirh him because he is the most awkward person around dogs that i have ever met! He is a great test of character for any dog lol! He then went out the back yard and replaced a fence panel and fixed something else. He was up ladders, banging on the walls, wearing a hat, using a drill and generally making a racket and she wasn't phased at all. I took the opportunity to leave her in the house and slip out for 1/2 and hour while he was out the back working. She got an excellent report card, no barking or whining, no stressing at exits, nothing really.

Later in the day another man was at the house, who she hadn't met before. She greeted him in the same manner. We went out the front and sat on the verandah chatting for an hour or so and she just went up to the back room and lay down.

So she had a great day. I had a good day.

Tomorrow I'm going down to clean the salon ready for the start of a new year on Tuesday. I will take her so she gets to check it out as she will be spending four days a week there. I will have to clean out the yard out the back, and the adjoining shed, which will become her space.If we get that done in a timely fashion we might head down to the beach. I don't get there much these days so that should be good. Any good places to take dos on lead during the day to the beach at this time of year in Adelaide?

Edited by skyefool

She's gorgeous

So far I like Freckles, Roxanne, Hilda, Poppy

Not sure about Tick, but only because in my head it would become 'Ticky' as in Ticky Fullarton

Given she's a redhead, what about Rosie or Rosa? Or Ruby? (not terribly original I know, although Rosa is not commonly used for dogs for some reason)

Edited by Zug Zug