Dry Food For My British Bulldog Pup!

samanthony23

Hi Guys,

I am new here as we are about to get our British Bulldog puppy in about 3 weeks. I am struggling to find a good recommendation for a premium dry food that we will be feeding him. So far from my research I am leaning towards the Canidae All life stages range but wanted to get some opinions before I go ahead and purchase it, or if anybody else has some better recommendations to what I should feed my little fella that would be great!

Thanks in advance for any help!

welcome :)

ask the breeder!

they should be able to tell you what they use,what he is currently eating,and what to buy for when he comes home ..as well as info on worming ,etc .You should also get advice on how often to feed ,and lots of other advice .

it is most often the best for puppy to feed exactly what the breeder is using ..and if you really aren't happy with how pup is doing on it ..then change GRADUALLY after a few weeks at home .This helps pup settle..and may avoid tummy upsets.

As above

First and foremost the breeder of your baby should be raising the puppies on a good quality food.

My two British Bulldogs have been eating Canidae All Life Stages now for about 7 months after a very gradual change from ProPlan Large Breed and our Great Dane Puppy was weaned on Canidae All Life Stages.

4 sources of protein and for me ticks all the right boxes.

If you are going to feed another food(other than Canidae) then do feed a puppy formula until around 6 months old. After that make sure it is large breed

This of course is my recommendation. My babies will be weaned and raised on Canidae

Other people may differ in their opinions.

Sometimes(and only sometimes) a breeder may not necessarily be feeding a good food(it does happen) which is then critical for a change.

I would not raise a Bulldog on anything like Dog Pro, Supercoat or the likes

Good diets vary but ultimately the dog decides what it does best on .

Your breeder should supply you with a puppy booklet on diet,worming & all things related to the pup & simple breed queries.

Ideally you should also contact your breeder first off for any issues so they get a chance to deal with issues before you get confused

We send our diet sheets out a week before or give it to the new owners on there last visit so they can get the food & any basics before pup comes home.

We encourage our new owners to discuss diet with us & if any issues to phone us as no matter what nsome advice isn't always from people who understand the breed or any special needs & can create issues .

Many breeders also guarantee there pups for certain health issues on feeding there diet or contacting them if there are issues & discussing a good suitable alternative .

Maybe send an email off to your breeder asking for a diet sheet so you can get the food ready .

Many breeders will feed diets other people may not agree with it doesn't mean there good or bad but a case of its worked well for them & if your happy with there dogs & heealth then clearly the diet is working well .