Preparing For Next Weeks Severe To Extreme Heat...

westiemum

feeling for you guys in SA.

One hot day I can cope with but it's when it stays that way for a week and doesn't cool down enough at night is when me and the dogs really suffer (OH could care less :p)

Sarah is getting a clipping tonight, she's a bit too wooly at the moment so hopefully that will help as we are getting more hotter days now

Obedience is back this weekend as well with a lovely 39 degrees, luckily our class is at 8.30AM and if it's not too hot I might stick around for beginners agility

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real cranky pants here - barely slept last night again and trying to be pleasant and smiley at work when I'm soooo tired I feel like biting off the head of the next person who asks me a stupid question....

Westies are all down at their grandmothers on her bed in the aircon today... Wish I could join them...

At least we all head to a friends airconditioned house tomorrow night - and blessed sleep!!! I'm looking after their 2 dogs (dally and rescue cav) and their 2 moggies + my 3! I must be crazy - at least they all get on smile.gif

Edited by westiemum

1390050341[/url]' post='6398887']

Ah thanks guys - didn't know that and will remember for next time. Unfortunately with a 95 year old with early dementia there's sure to be a next time. frown.gif

BTW does anyone know if we are in for anymore of this extreme heat this summer?

It's my fault - wish I'd kept my mouth firmly shut - sorry everyone...embarrass.gif

I was watching one of those end of the world preparation shows last night and said to my sister that we would have to move somewhere cooler so our food didn't spoil if we had no power. I thought Tassie might be an interesting solution to the problem. I noticed today that Tassie is getting temps in the mid 30s at present so where the hell are we supposed to move to now?

I am so over this hot weather :( I have an important procedure on Friday and it's going to be 40 :/ if it wasn't important I would be cancelling it but I can't :( I also have to take my Auntie on Thursday for a procedure and it will be hot that day too .. I am a winter person through and through, can't wait.

I was watching one of those end of the world preparation shows last night and said to my sister that we would have to move somewhere cooler so our food didn't spoil if we had no power. I thought Tassie might be an interesting solution to the problem. I noticed today that Tassie is getting temps in the mid 30s at present so where the hell are we supposed to move to now?

Switzerland?

I'm leaving SA at the moment towing a caravan. It just got too hot during the day yesterday and I had to stop till it cooled a bit. I actually did a tyre as well so ended up staying at Keith caravan park. Got tyres sorted this morning, set out and it was so bad by 11am I had to find another caravan park to stay in for the day so we could have air con. I just replaced my motor and no way I'm going to risk it doing a head. The conditions near Bordertown were some of the worst I've ever driven in.

1390892755[/url]' post='6406098']
1390888997[/url]' post='6406032']

Switzerland?

Now you're talking!!! Or Tibet!!!laugh.gif

1390892996[/url]' post='6406104']

I'm leaving SA at the moment towing a caravan. It just got too hot during the day yesterday and I had to stop till it cooled a bit. I actually did a tyre as well so ended up staying at Keith caravan park. Got tyres sorted this morning, set out and it was so bad by 11am I had to find another caravan park to stay in for the day so we could have air con. I just replaced my motor and no way I'm going to risk it doing a head. The conditions near Bordertown were some of the worst I've ever driven in.

Yep Jo the westies and I went north to visit NT friends who were staying 100kms north of Adelaide - and coming home mid yesterday afternoon was absolutely horrendous even with the car aircon on full bore. Stopped at a roadhouse to buy cold water for the westies and doused them with it and made them drink.

On the way home I was wondering what was I thinking taking them out in that sort of heat!! hitself.gif

Switzerland?

The boss is in Switzerland this week and he hatesssss cold weather and thinks 40degrees is lovely!!

1390893373[/url]' post='6406112']
1390893071[/url]' post='6406107']

Switzerland?

The boss is in Switzerland this week and he hatesssss cold weather and thinks 40degrees is lovely!!

Jules he's really strange!!! laugh.gif

My car aircon has died and because I also needed a new radiator I couldn't afford aircon as well. So windows were all down and it was like a hot hair dryer continuously on. Before I got to the caravan park I was doing 60 on the highway so my temp stayed down, the radiator just couldn't cool.

Drive at night????

Stay safe .

If it was going to keep up I would consider a little bit of night driving but I just had my car fixed from a roo hit so not keen on repeating that experience. One big male roo hitting the windscreen and bouncing on my roof is enough! it will be cooler tomorrow and won't be an issue, it's just the extreme days that have been a problem so far.