English Pointer Rescue Australia

Hi everyone....in the process of trying to help out with a pointer we are told the owner 'got rid of the dog' within hours of us offering to help. We are not sure what that means. Not posting this to start a thread on irresponsible owners actions, it happens and there is no point in us focusing on that right now.... now we would love to find the dog ! Could we ask that you keep an eye out around the pounds, Gumtree etc for an orange and white male pointer about 5 years old. It's a long shot but we figure the more eyes looking the better. I do not have permission to share the one pic we have sorry. Dog was in Victoria and possibly still is. There is of course a chance this dog went to a home that will work out...there is also a big chance he's been dumped, just trying to cover all bases in case he has been dumped. I dont come on here very often....we have a FB page English Pointer Rescue Australia or you can email me at [email protected] thanks in advance. Cheers,Robyne

Glad to hear there is an EPP rescue, I do see them in the pounds / Gumtree in need, rarely thank goodness but I used to ring the breeders. I will join your Facebook page!

Good luck with finding this dog, I have had the same experience in the past with the owners taking a great deal of pleasure in telling me they had gotten rid of their poor dogs before I could get there, I know that one was euthanased for sure, I really hope this hasn't been the solution in this dog's case.

Edited by dogmad

Glad to hear there is an EPP rescue, I do see them in the pounds / Gumtree in need, rarely thank goodness but I used to ring the breeders. I will join your Facebook page!

Good luck with finding this dog, I have had the same experience in the past with the owners taking a great deal of pleasure in telling me they had gotten rid of their poor dogs before I could get there, I know that one was euthanased for sure, I really hope this hasn't been the solution in this dog's case.

Thanks Dogmad...Sorry to hear your story and yes we hope that is not the case here. We are a small group, been up and running a couple of years. Rescue all over Australia purebreed pointers of the english kind. We don't have enough resources to do the x-breeds. Message us on FB or you can email me on the address I posted if you ever see a pointer in need. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...