Bowen & Chiro

I have used both in the past, but separately, with excellent results. I have read they can compliment each other , has anyone used a combination of chiro and bowen? How long would you leave before treatments? Or is it to be avoided?

I handle a dog for someone who has been pacing, roaching back etc,who has not previously done this.

Any advice/opinions appreciated.

I gave up on the chiro for bowen but it comes down to how often you go & whether there is an issue & what methods are taken to assist,prevent.

I prefer bowen on the large dogs ,if i felt a chiro would help with an issue i would use that option but at this stage found better results with bowen but i do go regularly

I use both. Always chiro before the bowen. For my bitch who admittedly has issues doing both together clearly helps more than doing one or the other on their own. If I can get them both done with in 24 hours of each other as that seems to give her the most benefit out of both. I very much doubt a normal healthy dog would need both done however, though my young girl will often get a treatment as well simply because we are there and the cost for two is only a little more than for one.

I use both, on each of my dogs, every month.

Neither the Bowen nor the Chiro seems to mind who goes first, provided they are not on the same day.

In my case, I have the bowen two days before chiro.

i think the combination has really helped my oldest poodle and also helps keep the crazy young Whippet sound. PM me if you hve any questions.

ETA: My dogs have had monthly chiro for well over a decade. However I think the addition of Bowen has made a marked difference to my oldest boy in particular. He is definitely not as frail as he was 6 months ago which for a 16 and a half year old poodle is pretty good!

Edited by Haredown Whippets

I have completed half of a human Bowen course (Bowtech) & usually two sessions are needed, sometimes three, 6 - 10 days apart. If you want to try another modality such as chiro it should really be done as a seperate entity & at least 10 days, preferably 14 days after the last Bowen treatment; the reason being Bowen keeps working within the body for this length of time, & chiro, physio, massage, acupuncture etc. may undo the balance that the Bowen treatment is striving to attain in the body.

Edited by trifecta

Yes i had results but i also feel in my large breeds it also caused other issues .

A good chiro i would happily see & have done so .

We used an awesome one many years ago who used a "gentler" method to work backs & the likes but she stopped doing it.

The ones we used towards the end i felt struggled with large dogs & trying to fix the issue required to many attempts & soreness .