Online Entries

Airedaler

There seems to be a push for Clubs to take on online entries for their shows. I act as Show Secretary for my club and we run a Championship and an Open Show on the same day. Our entry is small - about 25 for champ show and half that for the Open Show.

Can someone please explain to me how the online system works for the Show Secretary and if as I believe the entries stay open for much longer what the impact has on getting a catalogue out. As Show Secretary what would I be required to do? I assume not all exhibitors are going to enter online so that would mean there is different sources of entries.

Would love any input.

I believe the entries stay open for much longer what the impact has on getting a catalogue out.

The closing date is up to you - if you want to close it as per your schedule you can do so, if you wish to leave it open longer in the hope to obtain more entries you can.

You email a copy of your schedule to the online entry place you wish to use - they take care or entries and payments (they collect small fee from the exhibitor per entry they receive).

You tell them when to close of entries.

You login and print off entries and catalogue as normal.

http://www.showmanager.com.au is the cheapest from what I have read.

We use OzEntries for the Sheltie Club of NSW Champ Shows. Have found them very easy to use. While yes you do get entries from different sources it is easy enough to amalgamate the different sources together. You may find that some exhibitors will only enter shows that are online so that they can pay by credit card or paypal as some people do not have a cheque book. Last time I looked I think over 50% of our entries were done via Ozentries. I used to do the catalogue for our club and would close the entries on oz Entries when I was about to start work on it ( ie if that is 10pm on a Sunday night then so be it). It is much easier to have a definitive cut off on Oz Entries that you can give a last warning to potential exhibitors - you can post on facebook etc that entries are closing at 10pm on Monday night and that is it - no further entries accepted

From an exhibitors point of view if your entry processes on OzEntries you are deemed to be entered ( even if you turn up on the day and you are not in the catalog if you have your ozentry receipt that is proof you have entered - no risk of entries being lost or delayed in the post.

Given that it costs the clubs nothing to use OzEntries or the other one - why would you not use them ( may get you another could of entries) also it means that your show schedule is visible to those people in other states so you could end up with some interstaters attending.

• 2 weeks later...

I am show secretary for the Club L'Epagneul Breton (Brittany Club) in Victoria. We used show manager for our show and it was fantastic. They sponsored us being a small breed club so the people who did enter online did not have to pay the usage fee, just the credit card fee.

They pretty much did all the work setting things up and respond very quickly to any questions - we had different prices for members and non members and sweepstakes, and we even added a membership form which was used - they do the whole package - you can look online and see who has entered at any time as you get a link and a password. using online entries does allow you to keep the entries open longer, when you are ready to do the catalogue you just hit a button to close entries - I advertised normal closing time, 1 month before show but left online entries open until the very last minute, before printing the catalogue. They also added a price for postage of numbers.

When people enter using show manager they get an email before the show reminding them of their entry, and it includes weather report as well :thumbsup:

Thanks for your information Helen. I've decided to use Show Manager and to date I must say I have been impressed with their service. I emailed 3 online entry services about a week ago. SM replied to me comprehensively answering my questions within an hour......the other two I'm still waiting to have my questions answered.