Dogs And Watermelon

PuddleDuck

After having a bunch of toddlers here the other day I noticed that the dogs were frantically trying the pilfer the watermelon skins that the kids left behind. Is there any issues with feeding them watermelon skin (the green and the white part)?

Don't think so, my dogs absolutely love watermelon but don't bother with the skin, obviously it isn't as yummy as the pink flesh. But, kirislin regularly gives her whippets watermelon skin and they love it, and with no problems either. I'm sure she'll comment here as well. As with most things though, give in moderation.

My guys love watermelon, and they just poop the seeds out whole if there are any (most watermelon we get seems to have hardly any seeds these days anyway).

They aren't a fan of the skin or the white bits though, they like the tasty parts only :laugh:

They aren't a fan of the skin or the white bits though, they like the tasty parts only :laugh:

My dogs are a bit shpeshal, they also love the pods when we have fresh peas, we take the peas out and give them the pods and they'll spend hours on that. They don't mind banana skins either, and went crazy over bean shoots the other day, bloody weirdos!!! :rofl:

My dogs are a bit shpeshal, they also love the pods when we have fresh peas, we take the peas out and give them the pods and they'll spend hours on that. They don't mind banana skins either, and went crazy over bean shoots the other day, bloody weirdos!!! :rofl:

My dogs eat banana skins too, they love them when they go all black and revolting. :laugh: