O M G! Calendula Tea Rinse

The other thing I would consider is putting her onto the Transfer Factor which is actually bovine colostrum, which is said to boost the immune system. Google it for supplier and price, if you are interested

Because I used the Transfer Factor quite a lot (for myself and for my dog) I became an 'agent' for it. I can supply it if anyone's interested/wanting it. Email me (is better than PMing) for price. The Transfer Factor "supports" the immune system, rather than "boosting" it. When there's an over active immune system, we want to avoid boosting it. Just a play on words, so to speak, but an important one to consider and understand.

Edited by Erny

You guys have no idea how pleaded I am to hear that you're getting the same awesome results I did when I decided to give Erny's Tea a go. Kirah has never smelt better and I feel much happier knowing that I can give her a fortnightly rinse without the worry of stripping natural oils from her coat.

As she spends most of her time foraging and fossicking around outside, she gets a distinctive Aussie Terrier smell very quickly -- I think it's because she likes to patrol around the backyard looking for anything to eat. Between her and Zeus they raid our apple and macadamia trees. :(

I will still give her a bath with my preferred wire coat shampoo but that will happen maybe twice a year now. Thanks Erny and Steve!! :cheer::clap:

Bumping this up for the person who has the itchy dog :)

About to give my 3 a rinse with it today :)

Two are scratching madly. The other, well i feel its good for him anyway :laugh:

ETA: havent used it as a rinse, just a wipe onto one spot for one of them. But it seems to work well, so a rinse might not go astray :)

ETA2: All washed and have some very damp dogs running around like nutters :laugh:

I usually blow dry them, but thought i would let this dry onto them :) especially because its a nice day today.

Edited by denali

ETA2: All washed and have some very damp dogs running around like nutters :laugh:

I usually blow dry them, but thought i would let this dry onto them :) especially because its a nice day today.

:thumbsup:

Agree about avoiding blow-drying where possible, as that in itself has a drying affect to the skin.

My order arrived on Thursday afternoon. It was very well packed and the cologne is to die for. My dogs smell delicious. Steve included a free sample of conditioner for the dogs and some tea bags for me.

Many thanks Steve, you went to so much trouble to pack my order beautifully.

Cavnrott it is me who cant say thank you enough - you were so kind to me about my son when I spoke to you and you have no idea how much what you said affected me and made me feel better so just so you know - thank you for the order and Im glad you like it but also thank you for being such a nice caring person - just when I needed it.

Cavnrott it is me who cant say thank you enough - you were so kind to me about my son when I spoke to you and you have no idea how much what you said affected me and made me feel better so just so you know - thank you for the order and Im glad you like it but also thank you for being such a nice caring person - just when I needed it.

Hope you're ok, Steve. And your son.

Hope you're ok, Steve. And your son.

Ditto! Wishing you all the very best.

Thank you for your kind words. Your son has been in my thoughts since we spoke and I hope things are looking brighter for him. This is a very stressful time for you. Your coping skills are amazing. Your son is fortunate to have a strong, caring mother.

Hi all. Haven't posted for ages. I'm at my wits end with Jasper though and have tried everything including the calendular tea, lavender oil, cortavance spray, neem oil. He licks a spot until red and in the last 8 months has had only a 2 month period without wearing his cone. One spot heals and he attacks another foot. Not only is one foot taped with a sock on it but I noticed thinning hair on his front foot and he's got some bald patches there too. This time the worst foot, which has the sock, is the size of a 10c. I believe it's grass but nothing works and In fact I'm beginning to think its worse because I put cream or spray on it and he's determined to lick it off. Every last bit until it's red raw and hair gone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi all. Haven't posted for ages. I'm at my wits end with Jasper though and have tried everything including the calendular tea, lavender oil, cortavance spray, neem oil. He licks a spot until red and in the last 8 months has had only a 2 month period without wearing his cone. One spot heals and he attacks another foot. Not only is one foot taped with a sock on it but I noticed thinning hair on his front foot and he's got some bald patches there too. This time the worst foot, which has the sock, is the size of a 10c. I believe it's grass but nothing works and In fact I'm beginning to think its worse because I put cream or spray on it and he's determined to lick it off. Every last bit until it's red raw and hair gone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sending you a PM

Julie

• 3 weeks later...

Just ordered some calendula tea after reading through parts of this thread more than once!

Alfie is losing quite a lot of coat, and though doesn't seem to be too itchy, the coat is a lot lot thinner than on previous occasions. He's a funny one - not really had allergies before, just the usual change from thicker coat to thinner and vice versa depending on the weather/seasons. This time seems to be different though and after a visit to our vet definitely has yeasty skin and little red tootsies. My vet is a new vet to us, and I specifically chose the practice because of their more holistic approach. Alfie currently has some antihistamines and was bathed in malaseb (which I find quite harsh and tends to make his coat flaky anyway).

But I really want to give the calendula a go - so we'll see!

Thanks all.

Good luck, TessiesTracey. I think the Calendula Tea is much kinder to skin than any medicated based shampoos, creams etc. and worth using.

Based on what you've written, I'd be inclined to investigate thyroid levels with your dog. And not via our Aussie laboratories, but via Dr Jean Dodds (USA) testing (HemoPet/HemoLife) because theirs is more thorough and more sensitive. Our Aussie method can show a negative but that doesn't necessarily mean it is negative - it might just mean the thyroid tissue has not destructed to the extent that is needed for our Aussie tests to pick up.

Good luck, TessiesTracey. I think the Calendula Tea is much kinder to skin than any medicated based shampoos, creams etc. and worth using.

Based on what you've written, I'd be inclined to investigate thyroid levels with your dog. And not via our Aussie laboratories, but via Dr Jean Dodds (USA) testing (HemoPet/HemoLife) because theirs is more thorough and more sensitive. Our Aussie method can show a negative but that doesn't necessarily mean it is negative - it might just mean the thyroid tissue has not destructed to the extent that is needed for our Aussie tests to pick up.

I agree wholeheartedly with Ernys comments re thyroid testing... and the alarm bells for me are the thinning coat and the yeasty skin. I add that I have had several "thyroid" dogs and all have presented with differing symptoms ranging from : becoming snappy, indolent, greasy/smelly skin, thinning coat, weight gain, yeasty ears, constant eye problems, heat and cold intolerance.. and on it goes.

H

Helen

• 3 months later...

Dear Erny and Steve,

Have either of you heard of a dog allergic to calendula or developing an allergy to it? Tempeh (shar pei) developed some severe itchies out of the blue the day after her last rinse a month ago and she smelt funny too. I took her to the vet fearing mange it was that bad - between her toes even and her paws looked almost burnt. I did the rinse with her standing on the grass but on a towel. Our other two dogs were rinsed with the same batch and on the same towel. I also use calendula cream (that my vet makes up) on any wounds created from the scratching. At first it seems to soothe the area but the next day it looks much worse and is back to itching again. She has been to the vet and is still on medication and we are still having breakthrough rashes (and I have still been putting calendula cream on the worst of it). We have been through the yard with a fine tooth comb and have restricted her diet. I don't feel like we are even close to identifying the cause. She seems to become quite itchy during the night while she's sleeping. Her red areas get all hot and sweaty and she starts scratching as soon as she wakes up. Because I'm not sure of the cause (and obviously we have a ways to go to work it out) I'm just wondering if I should be steering clear of the calendula too? Very sad if we have to go back to malaseb baths. And even though she is a shar pei we have never had any skin problems before.

Thank you!