O M G! Calendula Tea Rinse

My sister is very interested in trying this on her dog, but as she lives in the country has limited options of what is available right now.She can purchase calendula flower tea bags.

Will this do the job??

Cheers

Costs a lot lot more but as long as its Calendual Officianalis would still do the job

I can get it to her via post in a couple of days

I

had a cup of calendula tea last nnight - it wasn't all that bad, but would not be my choice of tipple. I'll be trying it a few nights to try to get a better sleep. :laugh: :laugh:

Don't know what yourself or Steve did, but I prefer to let the tea cool before I drink it. I don't mind it. It doesn't turn me on, but I don't find it distasteful.

I

had a cup of calendula tea last nnight - it wasn't all that bad, but would not be my choice of tipple. I'll be trying it a few nights to try to get a better sleep. :laugh: :laugh:

Don't know what yourself or Steve did, but I prefer to let the tea cool before I drink it. I don't mind it. It doesn't turn me on, but I don't find it distasteful.

Actually Ive since put some lavender honey with it and put it in the fridge and had it icy cold - not too bad. Hot without honey - revolting

Trying to set up an account to put in an order but my mail scanner has stopped me, so have sent you an email,hoping you can tell me how to activate the account and by- pass my mail scanner.

I think you must be right now as an order came through for you. Will post it first thing Tuesday [public holiday tomorrow]

Its a bit of a worry that some are selling it and its not the right stuff but that's the same with most herbs and essential oils.

Gotta thank you, RiverStar-Aura. I've been banging on about the use of Calendula Tea for a few years on here now. Lol, even to the point where it was so predictable, I think people tuned out. And to the point where I posted a photo of a broken record when I mentioned Calendula Tea, lol.

It's a wonderful "first step" to take and potentially avoid otherwise unnecessary drug/chemical use and I love it when people are able to do that, knowing they are using something that has no harmful side-effects (either short or long term) to their dogs.

You've really brought it to the forefront with your thread and that's brilliant :D.

It also helps that we now have our very own DOLer who produces and sells it, and who is very aware and knowledgeable of its great qualities and uses. Good on you, Steve :) .

Thanks to your tip about feeding the tea 'slops' to our dogs, I'm now brewing a cup-a-day, and feeding the used tea to Mandela. So we both benefit and no waste!! Prior to that, I used to save it mainly only for Mandela's use.

Edited by Erny

I've used calendula tea on numerous occasions but only when I 'thought' to use it following the use of numerous other products that are on the current market; I need to think 'calendula' more promptly...

following each walk I rinse my dogs with tepid water to remove pollens etc followed by the occasional rinse using ego brand 'flare up' leave in bath oil [or water mixed with vinegar] and after a towel dry, they each get a coconut oil massage. this process obviously helps them stay smelling pleasant.

I must work in to my morning routine the steeping of cal tea so it's at a reasonable temp when I return from our walk...

Q1: would steeping say a fist-full of tea [2 dogs] in a small amount of boiling water then adding adequate tap water have the same or similar benefits? yes

Q2: how often can one use such a rinse on their swf? as often as you like and

Q3: can I follow [or do you think I can follow] a cal tea rinse with a coconut oil [an excellent carrier] massage? yes

thanks so much for the advice :)

thanks steve :)

and my thanks to both erny and you for reinforcing cal tea benefits --- I just need to get a handle on remembering to prepare it ahead of time.

being a tea drinker [and I don't necessarily mind cal tea], the other little bits and pieces of intel provided in this thread I can work into my human routine and that will provide a flow-on effect to the dogs.

I bought Hilde Hemmes brand Calendula Flower (calendula officinalis) from the healthfood shop. I assume it is okay as it says it contain 50g of the dried herb. If anyone knows if this is no good please let me know.