O M G! Calendula Tea Rinse

My wife was telling me they use Burr Marigold in Russia for lots of skin conditions, often just braking off the flowers and rubbing them on cuts etc. Has there been any use of this for dogs?

Anything you can do with Calendula for humans you can do for dogs.

I think Bur Marigold is a completely different family to Calendula?

My wife was telling me they use Burr Marigold in Russia for lots of skin conditions, often just braking off the flowers and rubbing them on cuts etc. Has there been any use of this for dogs?

Anything you can do with Calendula for humans you can do for dogs.

I think Bur Marigold is a completely different family to Calendula?

Yep you're right it is but its been used for centuries for similar things with skin that Calendula is used for .Hard to imagine that they wouldn't use it for dogs.

There isnt as much research on it and from memory its a sticky seed which gets stuck to dog's coats and likely to get stuck in their throat etc

There is no doubt that it is also great for skin problems and stings, cuts etc and no warnings on it for dogs but Id still stick with the Calendula.

Reading this drinking my first cup of Calendula tea. Mmmmmm hoping it is a acquired taste. it's not awful but it's not great either :laugh:

Do you know how much you should drink a day, to receive the heath benefits from it, Steve? I had quite a large cup and stuggled towards the end. Was wondering whether a smaller cup would suffice :)

Reading this drinking my first cup of Calendula tea. Mmmmmm hoping it is a acquired taste. it's not awful but it's not great either :laugh:

Do you know how much you should drink a day, to receive the heath benefits from it, Steve? I had quite a large cup and stuggled towards the end. Was wondering whether a smaller cup would suffice :)

Usual advice is two to three cups a day - its not so bad with honey and its pretty good icy cold - even the kids don't mind it like that but I cant come at hot with nothing to cover up the taste.

Edited by Steve

Usual advice is two to three cups a day - its not so bad with honey and its pretty good icy cold - even the kids don't mind it like that but I cant come at hot with nothing to cover up the taste.

Thanks Steve, will have to experiment I think :laugh:

I did wonder about manuka honey but Icy cold with some lemon might work.

I love all these herbal tips, keep them coming!

Ok well another great thing I do for my dog is when she has sore or weepy eyes, I dunk a chamomile tea bag in some warm water and brush the bag across her eyes to wash and soothe them - she loves it (probably the attention of it too)!

I love all these herbal tips, keep them coming!

Ok well another great thing I do for my dog is when she has sore or weepy eyes, I dunk a chamomile tea bag in some warm water and brush the bag across her eyes to wash and soothe them - she loves it (probably the attention of it too)!

I'm very keen to try this tea for my dogs too. As wheatens they have this outrageous beard that they wipe and rub all over the lounge, I'm sure it must get itchy. One of them gets hot spots too and swimming at the beach helps that clear up fast.

They can get pretty filthy so each bath I normally soap them up well and rince off diligently so all dirt falls off them. Can I then as a final rince pour the calendula tea over them and towel them off?

I'm asking because most of you are using it for baths on it's own and I wonder if this will be enough for getting the dirt out ?

Thanks

I'm very keen to try this tea for my dogs too. As wheatens they have this outrageous beard that they wipe and rub all over the lounge, I'm sure it must get itchy. One of them gets hot spots too and swimming at the beach helps that clear up fast.

They can get pretty filthy so each bath I normally soap them up well and rince off diligently so all dirt falls off them. Can I then as a final rince pour the calendula tea over them and towel them off?

I'm asking because most of you are using it for baths on it's own and I wonder if this will be enough for getting the dirt out ?

Thanks

A final rinse in calendula tea would be fine. However, solely using the tea to wash wouldn't give you a deep clean as it would only rinse off any loose dirt. Shampoos contain cleansers that are designed to attach themselves to dirt particles and repel them from the coat. Cleansers have a negative charge to repel the dirt from the coat thereby giving you a deep clean.

Thanks

A final rinse in calendula tea would be fine. However, solely using the tea to wash wouldn't give you a deep clean as it would only rinse off any loose dirt. Shampoos contain cleansers that are designed to attach themselves to dirt particles and repel them from the coat. Cleansers have a negative charge to repel the dirt from the coat thereby giving you a deep clean.

My order arrived today. Thanks Steve! Didn't realise how much tea I had ordered :o The sample conditioner smells divine!

Gave Evie a wash down tonight. Is it ok if they drink the brew?? She (15 week old pup) started drinking it while the container was on the floor :o

ari.g - it is perfectly fine if she drinks the tea.

I drink it regularly and if my dog wants some, I let him have as much as he wants to drink. It's good for inside and outside the body :)

Edited by Erny

My order arrived today. Thanks Steve! Didn't realise how much tea I had ordered :o The sample conditioner smells divine!

Gave Evie a wash down tonight. Is it ok if they drink the brew?? She (15 week old pup) started drinking it while the container was on the floor :o

Yes its sort of like buying feathers - seems to be a huge amount doesn't it ? I'm glad you like the sample too.

My order arrived yesterday afternoon, many thanks Steve. The calendula cream looks very promising. I'm going to use it on my tired old face. It's a lovely light cream, easily spreadable.

The shampoo and conditioner smell delicious. I couldn't get enough of the beautiful scent and kept go back to smell the bottles. Thank you for sending me the samples.

Steve, are the shampoo and conditioner ok for human use? I'd like my hair to smell like that.

Now to make up a mix of the tea to spray on my dogs. They both smell lovely after I put some of the conditioner on their coats and followed with a gentle brush.

Obviously late to this discovery, but does this help wiith itchy dogs?

I used this when the two old boy Vizslak had been treated for fleas. Within 2 days, their scratching stopped. They had that lovely puppy smell again ( according to my nose in any case.) :)

My order arrived yesterday afternoon, many thanks Steve. The calendula cream looks very promising. I'm going to use it on my tired old face. It's a lovely light cream, easily spreadable.

The shampoo and conditioner smell delicious. I couldn't get enough of the beautiful scent and kept go back to smell the bottles. Thank you for sending me the samples.

Steve, are the shampoo and conditioner ok for human use? I'd like my hair to smell like that.

Now to make up a mix of the tea to spray on my dogs. They both smell lovely after I put some of the conditioner on their coats and followed with a gentle brush.

That cologne is great for spraying on their beds and around living areas - lasts for ages and makes it smell like home and clean - especially in the winter time.

The human stuff is coming soon and you can put that blend of oils into anything to make it smell like that - if you knew the secret recipe. shrug.gif