O M G! Calendula Tea Rinse

My order arrived today :dancingelephant: Thank you so much Steve! I rinsed Biscuit and Cherry with the tea, it is such a pleasant smell. And they didn't mind the extra attention too :laugh: Thank you so much for the shampoo and conditioner samples, they smell absolutely delicious! I want to eat them...but it says for external use only ;) :laugh: Will give it a go on Rusty tomorrow. I am so excited that I won't have to use any more chemicals that they don't need on them. Are the rinse and/or shampoos safe to use with Advantix Steve?

My order arrived today :dancingelephant: Thank you so much Steve! I rinsed Biscuit and Cherry with the tea, it is such a pleasant smell. And they didn't mind the extra attention too :laugh: Thank you so much for the shampoo and conditioner samples, they smell absolutely delicious! I want to eat them...but it says for external use only ;) :laugh: Will give it a go on Rusty tomorrow. I am so excited that I won't have to use any more chemicals that they don't need on them. Are the rinse and/or shampoos safe to use with Advantix Steve?

Yep you can use it with advantix I love the scent of them too. Glad you like them.

• 2 weeks later...

Just put my order in Steve. Had to pay direct debit as Paypal wouldn't log in for me even though I had all my details correct. My previous calendula tea flowers from the health food store are just about out so I thought I would give yours a go. My daughter also can't use anything other than goats milk soap so I am giving yours a go too.

Just put my order in Steve. Had to pay direct debit as Paypal wouldn't log in for me even though I had all my details correct. My previous calendula tea flowers from the health food store are just about out so I thought I would give yours a go. My daughter also can't use anything other than goats milk soap so I am giving yours a go too.

thank you - on its way.

Tempeh has slotted right in to her fortnightly CTR (Calendula Tea Rinse). She sees the bowl, I chase her around the house, I catch and relocate her to the washing zone, she freezes up like a statue while I do the rinse (she thinks this technique makes her invisible). Once I release her she runs away and refuses to speak to me for the rest of the day!

Tempeh has slotted right in to her fortnightly CTR (Calendula Tea Rinse). She sees the bowl, I chase her around the house, I catch and relocate her to the washing zone, she freezes up like a statue while I do the rinse (she thinks this technique makes her invisible). Once I release her she runs away and refuses to speak to me for the rest of the day!

But is it worth it - does it work?

But is it worth it - does it work?

Lol - I'm interesting in the answer to Steve's question too.

But in the meantime, slip a lead on her BEFORE you begin revealing the cues she's come to learn as meaning CTR time. And make sure you give her a yummy treat after you've finished the job and before you release her.

Of course it works ladies! There is nothing specific that causes her to scratch but at around the two week mark she just starts randomly scratching and nibbling on herself and it just escalates until she is making her skin red in spots. She mainly does this at night. She will wake up and have a bit of a nibble then settle back to sleep. I've also developed a technique to soak her feet as she didn't like submerging them.

Erny she has exhibited fear aggression in the past and has a particular fear of what will happen when she is restrained/confined. She hates anything new or different. She was a rescue pup and one of her siblings had serious separation anxiety so we have worked hard to avoid her going down the same sad path. We do some things with her very differently to any other dog I've owned or fostered. She is still developing and learning new things about herself so we regularly have to get new advice from our behaviourist on how to manage these changes.

We did try leashing and tethering her the second time and it was a disaster. I can't have her developing a fear of what I am going to do with the leash when I come to her with it. The process we are using at present is very quick and controlled and we are hoping that as it becomes more normal she will get less fearful. She is not scared of the bowl or contents but of what might happen. She stands there unrestrained and doesn't try to run off until we tell her it's finished, so she is able to control her flight response under our guidance. She gets several high value treats afterwards but she wont take anything from me until we are both sitting quietly, a non-touching distance apart. It actually doesn't feel like she associates the treats with the bath because of that and I'd prefer to be able to swap that out with some positive grooming post bath as she now loves to be touched generally and I'll know she has calmed down if she lets me touch her again. The first two times I was able to get her to play in the sun with me while she dried off but this last time she wasn't falling for it!

Edited to add - I don't really chase her around the house. She knows I am preparing her bath and hangs around right until it is cool enough to use, then runs to my room. I go in, sit on the bed, talk to her, she puts on her cloak of invisibility, I pick her up and carry her to the spot and the statue gets her wash. The whole thing is all over in about 5 minutes tops.

Edited by Little Gifts

Glad the tea rinse helps, LG.

Glad that you have behaviourist assistance. Sounds like you're doing a good job.

Two things I'd be inclined to do (if you haven't already, as it sounds as though you're being quite thorough) is :

1. run a hair-DNA test.

2. run a blood test to check thyroid levels (via USA Dr Jean Dodds).

Best of luck though .... sounds like you've been putting in a good deal of work with her and good on you for that :) .

PS - Just to clarify - I didn't mean put a leash on and tether her. But by the sounds it's not a situation as I first imagined it.

i ordered the other day, waiting for my order!

Now i get just as excited about the postman as my dog does :laugh:

Edit: Can't type...

I got my tea! And a conditioner. The conditioner smells lovely!

I have not yet used it as a rinse, just wiping a ycuky ear with it at this stage, and it is looking SO much better!

May not need a trip to the vet after all.

Oddly enough, that happened to me the other day.

But not on Steves website.

Had no idea what caused it, because that same day i bought something somewhere else..

Received my order today thanks Steve. The conditioner smells divine. The staffy x struggled with the Calendula Cream..... NOT. Just lay back and spread her body apart :laugh:. The shepherd had cut her foot yesterday so I applied some to this as well.

That smell - sort of coconut vanillary is how the vital skin shampoo and the tropical cologne smell too - beautiful isn't it? I use the cologne as an air freshener.

It is lovely!

I think i am going to have to buy the shampoo and cologne. Smells so nice :)

Also, when making the tea as a rinse, what do you make it in?

Ive just been using it as an ear cleaner on a cotton ball so only make tiny amounts in a mini plunger.

Just a larger plunger?

Considering i have three dogs I dont know how easy it would be to make up a bulk batch haha

That smell - sort of coconut vanillary is how the vital skin shampoo and the tropical cologne smell too - beautiful isn't it? I use the cologne as an air freshener.

It is lovely!

I think i am going to have to buy the shampoo and cologne. Smells so nice :)

Also, when making the tea as a rinse, what do you make it in?

Ive just been using it as an ear cleaner on a cotton ball so only make tiny amounts in a mini plunger.

Just a larger plunger?

Considering i have three dogs I dont know how easy it would be to make up a bulk batch haha

You need about 1 - 2 heaped teaspoons per cup of water. I just make mine up in a jug and strain it - then feed the slops to the dogs. Better if ist not aluminium or plastic.