Sydney Pet Expo 8/9 Feb

Salukifan

A recommendation for anyone attending the Pet Expo. Many years ago at one of these, I bought a can of Bright's Natural Bees Wax. I bought another at last year's Gardening Show and if they are there this weekend, I will be buying another.

It is a fantastic conditioner and healing balm.

Disclaimer :laugh: :laugh: I haven't any financial interest; just think it is a great product and worth having in the bathroom, bedroom, kitchen bench, garage.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a complete blast! I spent 5 hours cuddling up to just about every dog there... lol! I got kisses from nearly all of them too...

I will admit to using my recent surgery as a ploy to request a cuddle of the cute little BT pup... she was so darling. I got lots of cuddles with Trevor the older BT boy who had had a rough life... he gave the second best kisses of the whole day. (The honour of the best kisses goes to the gorgeous Rottie girl I cuddled with outside)

Definitely worth the entry fee if you want to see and interact with a lot of not so common breeds of dog... and all of the exhibitors are just as friendly as their gorgeous dogs...

T.

I want a Dandie Dinmont!! I was hoping they'd be there again and they were. Spent a fortune on dog treats and natural meds etc plus a double lead plus an Oscar's Law Tshirt.

I also really enjoyed the Flyball display, always fun to see.

It was very hot so great for the dogs to be inside but I think it's going to be even worse tomorrow ...

Had a great time. Met some amazing dogs, including the Anatolian Shepherds, the Leonbergers and the Springers. My absolute favourite was the Rottie girl. I might have one on my breed wish list someday. The joint joy of the day were the bull terriers who took DH back to his childhood and were complete loves. Very nice. Find of the day was the Azawakh Hound. Lovely to look at.

Well, I'm pretty chuffed. I saw a very strange looking dog at one of the vet stands (represented were SASH, ARH and Greencross and I can't remember which) and correctly guessed the mix: Aussie Shep and Basset.

In the cat section there was this %@#@ woman leading her terrified cat around on a leash. I think the cat was a Sphinx. :mad:mad

Some of the cats were so hot - I saw water in only one crate and why on earth do they put them on satin, a fabric that doesn't breathe? I told a woman who was obviously an official that one cat had its mouth open and was gasping. She looked around for about a nano second and said, "Oh he's fine." I protested again and she said she check when she had time. :(:(

I missed you guys today!! The shelties & I had a great day and thoroughly enjoyed it. We will be backing up again tomorrow for another day. Earl & Kitty both enjoyed all the pats & cuddles they received :thumbsup:

I had lots of tarty cuddles from a sheltie named Mav... he was gorgeous, and much more friendly than most shelties I'd met before.

It wasn't you that came back with 2 shelties while I was playing kissies with Mav, and put your girl on his table, and she started to flirt with him, was it? She was a darling little thing, and almost as cuddle tarty as Mav...

dogmad - did you see the really big Dandie boy? He was such a cuddle bug. And the gorgeous little Iggy with the Oscar's Law people... wasn't he simply darling?

I think my absolute standouts were the 3 gorgeous Rotties who gave me plenty of kisses, Xerxis the pedigreed BT girl who loved the butt scratches and leaned into me for more, and Trevor the abused BT boy who was up for as many pats and cuddles he could get... oh - and I also caught up with the lovely Powerlegs and Tracey from Save Our Strays... topped off a brilliant day!

The funniest thing was the area with the aviaries that had a Pittie boy in one... me and MadWoofter went straight over and were giving him lots of scratches and getting kisses through the mesh... lol!

We even checked out the cats... is it me or are cat people "different"? I did really well to not start sneezing or breaking out in hives (which is my normal reaction to cats)... I even got to pet a couple of Sphynx and Devon Rex ones. There was one young male Bengal there that was completely divine - what an awesome creature they are!

Tossing up whether I should chance driving over there myself for another round of doggy cuddling... even though the surgeon said I shouldn't drive until at least Monday... errr!

T.

Well, I'm pretty chuffed. I saw a very strange looking dog at one of the vet stands (represented were SASH, ARH and Greencross and I can't remember which) and correctly guessed the mix: Aussie Shep and Basset.

In the cat section there was this %@#@ woman leading her terrified cat around on a leash. I think the cat was a Sphinx. :mad:mad

Some of the cats were so hot - I saw water in only one crate and why on earth do they put them on satin, a fabric that doesn't breathe? I told a woman who was obviously an official that one cat had its mouth open and was gasping. She looked around for about a nano second and said, "Oh he's fine." I protested again and she said she check when she had time. :(:(

That dog was definitely quite bizarre, wasn't he DD? But such a lovely nature. Lucky his mum works at SASH, because he's had a few surgeries already, and needs a few more to straighten his legs properly. Did you cuddle the other SASH dog? He was sweet too.

I was a bit taken aback at how the cats were kept in those small crates all day too DD. Quite a few of them were also hiding under the bedding - obviously fed up with people poking at them...

T.

I missed you guys today!! The shelties & I had a great day and thoroughly enjoyed it. We will be backing up again tomorrow for another day. Earl & Kitty both enjoyed all the pats & cuddles they received :thumbsup:

dogmad - did you see the really big Dandie boy? He was such a cuddle bug. And the gorgeous little Iggy with the Oscar's Law people... wasn't he simply darling?

T.

T- I just loved the Dandies, they've got such big eyes and just love the look.

The Italian you saw is a particularly magnificent dog - he was rescued by us at Iggy Rescue in 2011, near death, surrendered by a really hopeless owner who fed him fatty foods including chocolate and gave him pancreatitis.

Fostered by his now owner who has since fostered/adopted 2 more dogs from us and isn't fostering any more! As you know it is all too easy to fall in love with your fosters. :D

It will be very hot out there today - I think you should rest up!!

I have no-one to take me out there... and I'm not sure I can turn my body enough to reverse the car out of the driveway to try to drive myself... so it looks like a lazy day stuck at home is on the cards... *sigh*

T.

Don't worry Tx. I went for an hour and all the animals were tired from yesterday, including the ferrets who were sleeping and the GSD's who kept running amok in the agility and going where they liked :rofl: I knew Funky Cat trees would be there and had a look but restrained myself. I loved the cat area and confirmed my future goal of owning a Maine Coone and Norwegian Forest Cat. I know this is a dog forum but... :o

Edited by Flying Furball

It was nice to catch up with a few peoples I hadn't seen in ages. :)

btw can anyone remember....there was a whole stand of leads and those comfy style harnesses that had Adopt Me on them? They had other ones like 'don't feed me' etc. Can anyone remember what they were called?

xx

btw can anyone remember....there was a whole stand of leads and those comfy style harnesses that had Adopt Me on them? They had other ones like 'don't feed me' etc. Can anyone remember what they were called?

xx

Not sure if this was them but http://www.friendlydogcollars.com.au

I have to admit I was pretty disappointed in the expo but I did have BIG Neo and Leonburger pats so it wasn't a huge waste of time.

xx

Not sure if this was them but http://www.friendlydogcollars.com.au

I have to admit I was pretty disappointed in the expo but I did have BIG Neo and Leonburger pats so it wasn't a huge waste of time.

Thank you! I think that's them.

:cheer: