Do You Find This Video Funny ?

sheena

I agree with others who said it's probably a game, I doubt they were seriously trying to get him out to his kennel. Looked like a rehearsed routine to me :)

ETA - I've watched it a couple of times and I think I can see what you were worried about sheena - sideways ears, facing away but looking back with eyes, a couple of head whip arounds - if that was an interaction between a dog and a person who didn't know each other well I would be concerned.

Edited by Simply Grand

lol that so reminded me of Baby! well except that Baby doesn't vocalize, but the body language is what she does at bedtime when she doesn't wanna get up and walk to bed(and she sleeps in my bed BTW), she's comfy where she is darn it! and sometimes she will roll over and open her arms like "fine, but only if you carry me" lol. I have no problem getting her up and moving when im being serious, but frankly its super cute so sometimes I play along like in the video lol

I saw a teenage dog having a tantrum and refusing to be told (but the guy's tone was more "asking" than telling, yes?) to go to his kennel.

I found the subtitles of what the dog's vocalisations were quite funny... not so funny was when the dog started using it's mouth to get what it wanted.

If it were my dog, I'd have grabbed the back of the harness and yanked the bugger up onto it's feet and told it in no uncertain terms that it was going to do what it was told. Playing silly games like that could lead to the "oh, he's never shown signs of biting before" scenario we hear so often in the media...

T.

I saw a teenage dog having a tantrum and refusing to be told (but the guy's tone was more "asking" than telling, yes?) to go to his kennel.

I found the subtitles of what the dog's vocalisations were quite funny... not so funny was when the dog started using it's mouth to get what it wanted.

If it were my dog, I'd have grabbed the back of the harness and yanked the bugger up onto it's feet and told it in no uncertain terms that it was going to do what it was told. Playing silly games like that could lead to the "oh, he's never shown signs of biting before" scenario we hear so often in the media...

T.

I think this was what I was getting at !!

If I try and physically move Mya like that, I get a very similar reaction. Seems like a common husky thing maybe. Like others have said though, if I mean business, she knows, and it would not need to involve man handling her, just a firm no nonsense voice.

Didn't look overly stressed to me either, that might not even be his real cue for getting in the crate, just a game they play.

Weez makes a similar noise when I tell him to stop barking, and I reward it because it's cute as hell and a much better alternative to annoying woofs :laugh:

It looks to be just a game to me too.

I have a whinger, if hes asleep on my legs and I ask him to move he grumbles, same if he's on the end of the bed and I ask him to hop off. He will grumble but then does what hes told.

Lili is exactly the same. I ask her to get off the bed and she looks at me, grumbles, and gets down :laugh:

Didn't look overly stressed to me either, that might not even be his real cue for getting in the crate, just a game they play.

Weez makes a similar noise when I tell him to stop barking, and I reward it because it's cute as hell and a much better alternative to annoying woofs :laugh:

Yep it's a game, my sibe does exactly the same thing, if he knows I'm playing or giving a half arsed command he will whinge and argue but if he knows I mean business he moves his bum quick smart, in as much as a sibe can be obedient that is! :laugh: Pretty obvious from the tone of voice and gentle nudges from the owner that he's playing around, it's not a fair dinkum command and the dog knows it. :)

I didn't see stress. Saw a dog who didn't want to go but who has worked out what works for him and is reinforced for it. I chuckled, and whilst I wouldn't chuckle at the time for the want of not reinforcing this avoidance behaviour, I'd have a hard time keeping it to myself.