Henty And Corowa Championship Shows

jan seary

Entries are still open for this double weekend at Henty on February 8th and 9th.

These are the first shows of 2014 in the NSW Southern Region and this is the first time the Henty Show Society and the Corowa & District Kennel Club have gone back to back with Championship Shows making it a well worthwhile double weekend. It is also the Centenary of one of the major innovations in Australian Agriculture - the Header - invented by Headlie Taylor. Have a look at the web site if you would like to see what the Henty community have organised for the weekend.

http://henty.nsw.au/Community/HeadlieTaylorHeaderAnniversary/tabid/591/Default.aspx

ANY exhibitors wishing to camp on the grounds PLEASE, PLEASE contact me - whether powered or non-powered. I have to provide the Show Society with a list so they can arrange camping space. Contact details are in the Ad in the November issue of the Dogs NSW Journal and on OzEntries. The Showground Trust is actually putting in additional powered sites for dog exhibitors, but sites are still very limited on the Friday evening as the rest will be taken up by side-show vendors. On Saturday it will be much easier and we will virtually have the whole Showground to ourselves. Camping fees are $15 per night with a powered site and $10 for non-powered camping with access to showers and toilets.

Keep those fingers crossed for cooler weather!

When do entries close?

We've only done the one baby puppy show but he'll be 9 months then so I might talk to his breeder first and see what she thinks of him now embarrass.gif

Gosh even that's nerve racking laugh.gif

Send her a stacked and free stacked shot of him. Don't worry she doesn't bite ;)

When do entries close?

We've only done the one baby puppy show but he'll be 9 months then so I might talk to his breeder first and see what she thinks of him now embarrass.gif

Gosh even that's nerve racking laugh.gif

Send her a stacked and free stacked shot of him. Don't worry she doesn't bite ;)

It's the doing another show again that's nerve racking smile.gif

Camping at Henty

Any exhibitors still wanting to camp, please book with me.

e-mail [email protected] or Ph 0260412609 - if I'm not handy to the phone please leave a message.

There are no more powered sites available on the Showgrounds for the Friday evening, but I can provide you with contact details for alternative locations less than an hour away.

Powered sites for Saturday night are still available, but require booking, as do non-powered sites.

• 2 weeks later...

Weekend Weather

At 9.09 this morning the BOM forecast was for 37 max on Saturday and 38 max on Sunday. If there is no improvement we will most likely start the Saturday show earlier (currently scheduled for a 9.00 am start) but no decision will be made either way until Thursday. Exhibitors who entered on line will be advised of any changes by e-mail and others by phone, plus notices on OzShow, Facebook, Dogz Online and Dogs NSW website. There will be canopies at ring entrances as well as in the ring; ice will be available at the Secretary's tent (but you should also bring plenty of your own) and a wading pool - for humans as well!!

Henty Show Saturday February 8th -

Current Bureau of Meteorology Forecasts are 39 max for Albury (4.15 pm today) and 40 max (5.00pm today) for Wagga. To avoid the heat of the day but also minimise disadvantage to exhibitors travelling from a distance (some of whom have a three to four hour travel time) we have moved the start time forward one hour to 8.00am.

Stay cool, bring plenty of ice.Look forward to seeing you there!