Best/ Worst Dog Treats And Chews

JenniCB

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a bit of shopping with them only today HW (chicken treats) and I bet that is where City Farmers buy their supplies from based on what I remember of the bulk packaging and labels. Will buy my lamb puffs straight from the source next time!

I tend to pool orders with friends to get to the free postage limit. I mostly buy beef jerky, the liver fangers and duck jerky ( that's the poodles' favourite).

Edited by Haredown Whippets

Lots of recipes out there, but if you dont have time to make your own, www.pawspantry.com.au all natural and homemade.

Thanks, they have some vego treats :thumbsup: I am always looking for vego treats for Amber.

I will be adding a couple of new vegie treats to the range this week. Keep a look out on the web page, I will also post in the commercial for sale forum here.:D

Lots of recipes out there, but if you dont have time to make your own, www.pawspantry.com.au all natural and homemade.

Thanks, they have some vego treats :thumbsup: I am always looking for vego treats for Amber.

I will be adding a couple of new vegie treats to the range this week. Keep a look out on the web page, I will also post in the commercial for sale forum here.:D

My girl is also very sensitive to treats. I tried these new treats called Savour Lives. As far as I can tell they're only available in NSW but could also be online. She hasn't had any problems with them and I love the fact that the company donate half their profits to pet rescue organisations.

Edited by essentialdog

Fantastic! I was just about to post to ask if anyone knows of an Australian make of sweet potato treats. I have tried making my own a few times, but they either come out too dry and crunchy, or too soft - it's easier to buy sometimes :laugh:

I need low fat treat though as Louis has pancreatitis, so which of yours would be less than 6% fat?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have been reading everyone's comments on the different treats they feed, one of our dogs has a really super, super sensitive tummy.

She loves chicken necks but if I give her anymore than two in a day the next day she has a very upset tummy and ends up eating grass & very unsettled & wont eat.

I have had to stay away from anything fatty as fat really gets her upset. Especially the dried chicken necks.

I have tried lots of different treats, before we got our girl I never thought to much about what we were giving our dogs. I have done a lot of study in the past couple of years & spent a small fortune into the good treats and the bad. I am guilty of feeding Schmackos and feel like a real schmuck for doing so, even those terrible raw hides out of the cheap shops. Believe me I have come along way, when you do know any better & wonder why your dog screws his or her nose up at what you are offering.

I have been into the major pet stores & purchased treats & some I can say the dogs would not even try. I purchased treats from the www.australianpettreatcompany.com.au for ages, lucky I can go in & pick them up as we live on the Sunshine Coast. I was happy with some of their treats, but the dogs still screwed their noses up on some. I was reading at Christmas in the holistic Bliss magazine & read an article about a pet treat manufacture in Caloundra on the Sunshine Coast "Natural Pet Treats Australia".

I now have found my favorite doggy heaven, they actually make all Australian 100% natural treats at their factory. All Australian all really yummy, my dogs have gone crazy for their stuff. You can buy on line www.loyaltypettreats.com.au

At least buying from these guys they explained their process & how everything is made by them,

I wanted to share this as their stuff is amazing & heaps cheaper than the pet store. What was really great is the treats have no fat on them like many of the others I have purchased and upset tummies are so far a thing of the past. It is pretty scary out there in the pet food & treat world & what I have learned is ask lots of questions & stay away from anything that stinks. If it stinks something is not right, if the bag is greasy stay away that means fat, if it is super cheap is is probably imported & not good for your dog. When i have more time I will go into what I have learned about the cheap chicken jerky's.

• 1 month later...