Cattle Dog In Ulladulla

Due to a family crisis, we were asked to help two red ACD's near Ulladulla. It was extremely short notice and we do not have anyone close to that area (we have one carer who may have been able to help, but she is away at the moment). The mother was 13 and the son about 7 or 8. Both desexed, child friendly, used to horses, unsure about cats and strange dogs. Both dogs were very bonded. They were left at the vet this morning at 9am. The mother has already been PTS (perhaps she had too many health issues - not sure), but the boy has until the end of today to find an option. Is there anyone in the area who could possibly hold him for a few days until we can organise something for him?

Sharon

So sorry KC, I forgot to take the charger for my phone and ran out of battery life to call you back.

Thanks SO much KC and Baifra. He won't be PTS today, the vet agreed to hold him overnight. We will get and update in the morning and let you all know his status and if we still need help

I'm so sorry we weren't able to find an option in time to help Candy (his Mum), he is quite stressed without her and his owner.

P.S. Baifra, I have Maddy here at the moment. His owner had to do a rush trip to Perth, so he is having a little holiday too.

I still miss that boy dammit! Hope he's happy in his new home.

Very sad news about Candy. I hope she wasn't PTS cause she had no options. That would be heartbreaking. The cattle boy must be beside himself.

You know where to find me if you need short term care for him.

Baifra, Madds is spoiled rotten :) His owner is semi-retired. He plays double bass in an orchestra and Madd goes to rehearsals with him and has won over all the other musicians as well. He is great with the grandkids when they visit and has lots of friends at the dog park. He's actually put on quite a bit of weight and is borderline porky (which his owner disputes).

Poppa is still at the Vets. He has two locals interested in adopting him and one of the vet nurses has brought in her dog today, who is actually his sister I believe, to see if they get on. So far Poppa just wants to play with her and she is ignoring him. If it goes well he may go home with the vet nurse. If all of those options fall through we will let you know, but he will be coming to ACDR if need be.

Shaz

Edited by Sheilaheel02

I'm beyond happy to hear that Maddy is in the perfect home Shaz. That's awesome news. He did like his tucker so I'm not surprised at all that he's a chubster!

Also happy for Poppa. Sounds like he's in good hands too.