My Sweet Girl Is 2!

Guest hanko

Guest hankodie

I thought I'd share with DOL that my sweet Odie turned 2 today!

Shortly after we got Odie as a pup we discovered that she had shunting of the liver and with that came a myriad of other health issues. The vets were very skeptical that she would even make it past a year. But today she is 2 and today we are celebrating. Caring for her is not a walk in the park. I have to cook all of her food and ration out everything she eats. Sometimes my heart breaks for her because she'll never be a normal dog.

But through careful management of diet and meds, she is living a happy life. Her favourite thing ever is food and doing zoomies in the yard. If you met her you would never be able to tell that there was anything wrong with her.

As she isn't allowed to stray too far from her strict diet, I decided to jazz up her usual food with some veggie treats, cottage cheese and a bit of banana to create an Odie appropriate "cake". Behold:

0CSw5k8.jpg

And here are some hilarious photos of her seriously enjoying her "cake" :laugh::

PChUJ5f.jpg

btILL6i.jpg

1XCtJqp.jpg

Happy birthday my sweet girl! Thank you for showing me all there is to know about love and patience. I love you and I'm so happy you came into my life.

ZkWZ4RY.jpg

Guest hankodie
:thanks: thank you everyone for the lovely birthday wishes. I'm so glad she has made it this far. I discovered DOL soon after she was diagnosed, originally came here seeking advice for her condition, everyone has been so lovely and I've learned so much about dog ownership from this site.