Anyone Else's Pooch Being Picky With

My usually very very good eater, has started to become picky with his food Black hawk Fish and sweet potato.

This is only the second bag he's been on, fist bag he ate ok.

Was previously on Eukanuba Large breed puppy and ate everything with eagerness

Mine would even eat the bag if they got a chance................

Yes !! I had 2 dogs on this as a feeding trial.

The first bag was fine. seemed to really like the taste and both dogs wwere happy to eat the food when they first started on it then around about the time that the second bag was opened the pickiness began !!

By the end of the second bag one dog would eat about half that was given at each meal but would leave the rest.

The other dog flatly refused to eat any of it and even though no other food was offered as an alternative, she persisted in not eating a single bite of the food. No matter what, she ate nothing at all for quite a few days until I gave in and changed her food. She ate greedily when she was given something (anything) other than the fish and sweet potato.

My dogs are cockers and generally will eat anything at all, and sometimes that includes things that are not considered edible !! For two dogs that were normally really good eaters to suddenly become fussy about a food made me concerned about the palatability of it, and why they both appeared to not like the tase around the same time.

I dont know why this happened. I didnt keep the bags to check if they were different batches or the same batch but it almost seemed as though the taste HAD changed from one bag to the other.

Perhaps the manufacturers needed to change the formulation or something.

Of course the result is that I now dont use this food at all.

my little girl has few phases of being very picky with her kibbles. However always goes ok with chicken or beef. Now she is being picky with the chicken and ok with beef. She is tiring me out of idea on how to feed her better!

Peanut butter tricks sounds like a great idea. Will get a jar today to try with her.thumbsup1.gif

my little girl has few phases of being very picky with her kibbles. However always goes ok with chicken or beef. Now she is being picky with the chicken and ok with beef. She is tiring me out of idea on how to feed her better!

Peanut butter tricks sounds like a great idea. Will get a jar today to try with her.thumbsup1.gif

make sure that the peanut butter has peanut oil in it as many have the oil removed and palm oil substituted. Many health food shops make their own peanut paste from grinding up fresh peanut in-store. Dick Smith have peanut paste that has Australian grown peanuts, it is called OzEnuts