My Dog Just Stares At Me - A Lot!

donski

My bully is 5. We have a great relationship. He stares at me though - a lot! It can be very disconcerting and puzzling! What the heck is he trying to communicate to me? It's probably not a stare as such, but he will just sit there or lie there and look at me. He's fed, watered, loved up, is quite calm and relaxed, but looks and looks and looks. He doesn't look away and can sit at a distance from me and just look for a good 5 mins or so.

Does anyone else's dogs do this? I never know if I should be doing something or not doing something or what!

My bully is 5. We have a great relationship. He stares at me though - a lot! It can be very disconcerting and puzzling! What the heck is he trying to communicate to me? It's probably not a stare as such, but he will just sit there or lie there and look at me. He's fed, watered, loved up, is quite calm and relaxed, but looks and looks and looks. He doesn't look away and can sit at a distance from me and just look for a good 5 mins or so.

Does anyone else's dogs do this? I never know if I should be doing something or not doing something or what!

He is doing what we "trekkies" call the Vulcan mind meld....................my mind to your mind........

that or he is just trying to get another meal out of you biggrin.gif

Guest hankodie

Lol my golden retriever does this too. My SO calls it the "creep stare" :laugh: He will lie or sit (usually lie) near me and he always makes sure he's facing my direction. If I get up and move he re-adjusts himself so he's in a position where he can still stare at me. I also have no idea what it's about :laugh:

He also has a "get up off the couch and do something with me" stare where he comes RIGHT up to my face while I'm on the couch watching TV and stare. Sometimes with a drool-covered toy or plushie in his mouth which he then tries to smush in my hand. It's so hard trying to ignore him :rofl:

Stella does look at me a lot too. I often wonder what she is thinking or why she does it. She is usually tired & it's just before she goes to sleep. Although sometimes, as she follows me everywhere I will look up & there she is just sitting & looking at me. I don't think she actually wants me to do anything or pat her or anything, she just looks & watches me. She is a quirky girl at times.

Jingo does this too, but I can't complain, him gazing adoringly at me the entire time we were chosing which puppy to buy was the reason he came home with us! He is six months old now and still does it. :D

Di

Lol my golden retriever does this too. My SO calls it the "creep stare" :laugh: He will lie or sit (usually lie) near me and he always makes sure he's facing my direction. If I get up and move he re-adjusts himself so he's in a position where he can still stare at me. I also have no idea what it's about :laugh:

He also has a "get up off the couch and do something with me" stare where he comes RIGHT up to my face while I'm on the couch watching TV and stare. Sometimes with a drool-covered toy or plushie in his mouth which he then tries to smush in my hand. It's so hard trying to ignore him :rofl:

My Lab does it too... flat stare that you can't read what's going on behind them...

If I move though, she's into mad tail thumping "mummy really loves me" mode... lol!

T.

Guest hankodie

Maybe they're attempting some kind of doggy telekinesis? *humannnnnn..... go to the fridge and get me a bone..... goooo toooo theee fridgeee*

Guest hankodie

My Lab does it too... flat stare that you can't read what's going on behind them...

If I move though, she's into mad tail thumping "mummy really loves me" mode... lol!

T.

Yes! hahaha if I start talking to him he will start thumping his tail happily... otherwise it's just a blank stare, then he eventually falls asleep :laugh:

Guest donatella

One of mine does it as I'm doing my hair and makeup every morning. I have my back to her but I can see her in the mirror literally sitting behind me just staring.

Stan stares at me all the time, this is how I'm greeted in the morning. I used to think he was looking at me adoringly, thank you for adopting me and giving me the best life ever but nup...it's food...that's all he wants...gimme foooood!

post-38965-0-89455000-1390556383_thumb.jpg