Indiana Paddledog

nickyp

What a beautiful dedication you have made for a beautiful girl, it is just so hard to say goodbye to these wonderful creatures especially when you have had her in your lives for so long.

Rest easy at the :rainbowbridge: beautiful Indiana Paddle Dog.

Thank you all. Yes, we have a huge, Indiana-shaped hole in our lives and will for some time to come. We underestimate the impact they have on us and those around us. We have friends interstate and overseas who haven't seen Indiana for years, but are mourning her loss with us.

Emmylou is restless and, I think, a bit confused. She's never been without Indi to boss her around. We're trying not to act differently, but things ARE different around here. Indi is not whinging for her breakfast at 6am and her dinner at 5pm, so Em is getting fed later. Em is spending more time inside because we're not tripping over Indi (after she went deaf she had a tendency to lie in doorways so she could keep tabs on everyone). Em has gone on walks over the last couple of days to tire her so that she'll settle and stop wandering from room to room. We're actually not supposed to walk her much because of her arthritis, but it calms her so we'll do it for now and see how she goes.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Horts,

Em is still lonely, I think. She has become velcro dog and doesn't like to be left alone at all. Mostly it's OK because we're home a lot at the moment, but that will change.

We're looking at getting a rescue dog to be my son's. He's 10 and ready to start taking some responsibility. I think Em will enjoy the company of another dog. It may take a while to find the right match, though, as the new dog needs to be good with kids, other dogs and small animals (cat and chooks).