Paw Nutriderm Shampoo Or Dr Zoo's Shampoo

giraffez

Has anyone tried Paw Nutriderm shampoo or Dr zoo's itchy shampoo

http://www.pawbyblackmores.com/products/nutriderm-replenishing-shampoo

http://drzoo.com.au/pet-skin-products/itchy-dog-shampoo.html/

Currently using aloveen but dog still has those sensitive itchy spots that send the hind legs scratching when you touch it.

Edited by giraffez

I recently tried the Dr Zoo itchy dog shampoo on my itchy girl. We would usually use aloveen. It's a nice shampoo ad she's come up very shiny. She does seen less itchy but no miracle. Have only used it the once so far

I also used Aloveen and that made my dog itch. I have tried heaps of shampoos and the only ones that didn't make her itchy was ivory coat and essential dog's sensitive skin shampoo. I liked both but the ivory coat was really runny, whereas the essential dog one was nice and thick and the smell is beautiful.

We have just rescued a dog with chronic malessezia (fungal infection) - she is almost bald :(

Giraffez, I would suggest a vet visit with skin scraping so you know what you are dealing with and can treat appropriately.

Using different things could make his condition worse.

efs

Edited by schnauzer

We have just rescued a dog with chronic malessezia (fungal infection) - she is almost bald :(

Giraffez, I would suggest a vet visit with skin scraping so you know what you are dealing with and can treat appropriately.

okay thanks. He doesn't seem to be losing fur or nipping at the area, just times of the day where he is constantly scratching the belly area. He isn't scratching after a bath so I'm not too concern about aloveen but when i was reading some of the posts, some people indicated that aloveen is not the gentlest shampoo around so was hoping to put him on something else.

He used to have dandruff after a shower but I now use conditioner on him and seems to have resolved that issue. Also just started putting him on flax seed oil.

Edited by giraffez

okay thanks. He doesn't seem to be losing fur or nipping at the area, just times of the day where he is constantly scratching the belly area. He isn't scratching after a bath so I'm not too concern about aloveen but when i was reading some of the posts, some people indicated that aloveen is not the gentlest shampoo around so was hoping to put him on something else.

He used to have dandruff after a shower but I now use conditioner on him and seems to have resolved that issue. Also just started putting him on flax seed oil.

What are you using for flea treatment?

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say Dr Zoo shampoo is great. I used on my dog that has allergies and it was great and helps with fungal too. I also use the irritable balm on the spots on her tummy. I like that is all natural and defs does not have glucose as mentioned above? I used Paws, was ok but not as good as Dr Zoo for the itch. They also make MooGoo for eczema.