I'm In Shock My Next Door Neighbours Puppy

Rascalmyshadow

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it extremely sad that a supposedly responsible Community person has acted so thoughtlessly and inhumane towards an innocent animal and their own children. Actions like this will perhaps have an impact on that daughters life in regards to humane acts.

Not a pleasant scenario to have to witness.

RIP poor puppy

At the moment I feel very numb about the whole thing, I can't get my head around someone denying such an innocent baby medical attention.

I will be having words when we cross paths and I will go from there.

The kids are grown adults and will now see their father for what he really is, nothing I do will be a better punishment.

RMS, I have a question, you said that your OH buried the puppy, now you know what likely caused the puppy to die does this pose further risks/ issues for your dogs? I am sorry if it is a silly question but was concerned about proximity of your boundaries and the dog's body being buried on the neighbour's property? I know that the virus lives on in the soil for a long time anyway, if the dog has "shed" it in the yard, so it might be a moot point -but does burying the dog compound the problem? I always thought that dogs who died from Parvo should be cremated, but my experience was a fair while ago and in another country. I would be reporting him to the Council and asking that the puppy's body be removed, if it adds any additional risk.

RMS, I have a question, you said that your OH buried the puppy, now you know what likely caused the puppy to die does this pose further risks/ issues for your dogs? I am sorry if it is a silly question but was concerned about proximity of your boundaries and the dog's body being buried on the neighbour's property? I know that the virus lives on in the soil for a long time anyway, if the dog has "shed" it in the yard, so it might be a moot point -but does burying the dog compound the problem? I always thought that dogs who died from Parvo should be cremated, but my experience was a fair while ago and in another country. I would be reporting him to the Council and asking that the puppy's body be removed, if it adds any additional risk.

coogie - I too am concerned that there is a whole 'parcel' of parvo lying there ..... waiting for rain or earthworks to spread it around .....

Confirmed parvo, one of my dogs has now got it and is at the vets being treated. Will call the council tomorrow in regards to the body.

Oh no, I was worried it may have been Parvo, my thoughts are with you and your dogs.

Oh no I hope your dog is going to be ok RMS. :crossfingers:

If the kids are grown up and their puppy was unwell, why didn't they take pup to vet? :confused:

Have you informed them that it was parvo RMS incase they go straight out and get another puppy?

RIP little one. xx :(

I have informed them what we are dealing with, I spoke to the son and daughter that live at home, my husband had a few very stern words with the father. The problem was the kids were away from home over the weekend they spoke with their dad over the phone and he said she would be fine, apparently he spoke with a vet friend on the phone and he just told them to feed chicken and rice for a few days but when I saw her on the Fri she already looked like a walking skeleton, she didn't look like that a few days before.

I don't want to stir trouble, but Rascal's dog could have picked up parvo from anywhere. It is obviously in the area. Both dogs were unvaccinated.

it's not trouble, it's the truth. Both could have picked it up at the front fence.

I am upset with my neighbour for doing the wrong thing but I am also at fault for not making sure my dog was vaccinated.

His family is upset with him and so are some of the other neighbours, I don't think he'll be a repeat offender.

They are actually normally very good neighbours/people as awful as it all is I don't want to make anyone's life harder because then I will feel more guilty.