2014 Brags Thread

1393655751[/url]' post='6432720']

Good start to the trialling season for me with Cash getting the final two passes needed for his Advanced A sheep title today. I taught him to cross drive this summer, I think that helped :laugh:

Well done!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good start to the trialling season for me with Cash getting the final two passes needed for his Advanced A sheep title today. I taught him to cross drive this summer, I think that helped :laugh:

Waldo gained his CD title tonight with a score of 192! I am thrilled. Video to follow.

Well done Superminty - I have no idea what cross drive is - but it sounds important thumbsup1.gifrofl1.gif

Fantastic work Waldo - onto open you go.

Little Naughty Nina tonight won CCD at the Western Classic with another 99/100 - good girl NN

A good night at the German Breeds Trial ........Congratulations to Sue & her oh so adorable black Mini Schnauzer, "Waldo". They finished their NOVICE title with 192 points. I am so happy for Jodie & her young Boxer "Ollie" R.A.E., who finished their Novice title with 190 points

I was thrilled with my own very enthusiastic Standard Poodle Dual CH., "ROXY" UDX RAE JDX AD ET who gained her 1st Pass towards her OB. GR.CH. title with 193 points in U.D.X. Class

:thumbsup: to NSNN and Ptolomy, and CC and the grogeous and extremely talented Roxy - and everyone else who had success.

Club Rally test for us today - My ROry is advertising for a new handler - Excellent B - had to call a retry on the first station - I just forgot that it was a 90 degree right pivot - didn't stop in time to get the halt and pivot in - dur - only lost one other point. And then in Adv B - was concentrating so hard on a station that I was having a bit of trouble with - stationary call front - working on getting him perfectly straight - knew it was coming up, thinking about it - totally missed the 270 right that led into it - missed station NQ - doh!! only lost 1 other point. I'm sorry Rory - will try harder aat next week's first Rally trial of the year.

:thumbsup: It's so good to see you guys having such fun together - a great reward for your patience and dedication in getting her back to fitness. Rory was asleep on the floor beside me - woke up to see where the happy dog was :laugh: .. he's gone back to sleep now. :) Kirra is asleep the other side of me - she didn't wake up.

My guys had a weekend of Rally and obedience. Another leg towards RAE3 for Rory with 1sts in Excellent and Advanced on Saturday - could have been 2 if he hadn't rolled over to scratch his back on the ground then roll right over the other way in the Honor exercise yesterday :eek: - that was a waste of a lovely couple of rounds in Excellent B and Advanced B. The feral agility girl managed 2 Qs on Saturday for her first leg towards RAE2, and did a nice round (for her) in Excellent yesterday - 90 - then wasted it by completely losing the plot in Advanced. She probably might have passed, but I was not happy with the lack of teamwork, so I withdrew. Not sure if she got the message :laugh:.

Rory did beautiful seekbacks both Saturday and Sunday - Saturday after following my track all round the adjacent Rally ring which I'd walked over 12 times in the morning, but he eventually got back on track and was very pleased to find his article and retrieve it. :laugh: . Went out to the box nicely, and left in the direction of the correct jump, but came in as I dropped my arm - nice agility work, Rory - pity this is obedience :laugh: . Got the metal SD article, but goofed the others. Was looking past me instead of at me when I gave him the sit signal in Signals exercise - I noticed just as I gave the signal. Then we muffed the turn to the glove. Yesterday - hot again, he muffed DJ - went to the solid jump instead of the box - .. twice! Muffed the first SD article, but got the other two nicely. Was looking away at signals on the sit again, but I was able to wait him out - for a minor deduction. Mucked gloves again - my bad, and he was panting so much he was struggling to hold the glove. Still for first trial of the year, and no serious training of the whole sequence, or against distractions, there was a lot to be pleased with. And best of all, he kept working happily, in spite of what was a hot day for us - 30 in the shade - but hot in the sun for a black dog.

Agility the next two weekends :laugh: . No rest for the wicked.

:thumbsup: It's so good to see you guys having such fun together - a great reward for your patience and dedication in getting her back to fitness. Rory was asleep on the floor beside me - woke up to see where the happy dog was :laugh: .. he's gone back to sleep now. :) Kirra is asleep the other side of me - she didn't wake up.

My guys had a weekend of Rally and obedience. Another leg towards RAE3 for Rory with 1sts in Excellent and Advanced on Saturday - could have been 2 if he hadn't rolled over to scratch his back on the ground then roll right over the other way in the Honor exercise yesterday :eek: - that was a waste of a lovely couple of rounds in Excellent B and Advanced B. The feral agility girl managed 2 Qs on Saturday for her first leg towards RAE2, and did a nice round (for her) in Excellent yesterday - 90 - then wasted it by completely losing the plot in Advanced. She probably might have passed, but I was not happy with the lack of teamwork, so I withdrew. Not sure if she got the message :laugh:.

Rory did beautiful seekbacks both Saturday and Sunday - Saturday after following my track all round the adjacent Rally ring which I'd walked over 12 times in the morning, but he eventually got back on track and was very pleased to find his article and retrieve it. :laugh: . Went out to the box nicely, and left in the direction of the correct jump, but came in as I dropped my arm - nice agility work, Rory - pity this is obedience :laugh: . Got the metal SD article, but goofed the others. Was looking past me instead of at me when I gave him the sit signal in Signals exercise - I noticed just as I gave the signal. Then we muffed the turn to the glove. Yesterday - hot again, he muffed DJ - went to the solid jump instead of the box - .. twice! Muffed the first SD article, but got the other two nicely. Was looking away at signals on the sit again, but I was able to wait him out - for a minor deduction. Mucked gloves again - my bad, and he was panting so much he was struggling to hold the glove. Still for first trial of the year, and no serious training of the whole sequence, or against distractions, there was a lot to be pleased with. And best of all, he kept working happily, in spite of what was a hot day for us - 30 in the shade - but hot in the sun for a black dog.

Agility the next two weekends :laugh: . No rest for the wicked.

Thanks. :) I just can't stop smiling when I watch her - it's amazing to think where we've come from and that a couple of reputable performance vets told me that she would never run again. I'm incredibly lucky to have a vet who believed (although I'd given up!!). This is truly her year.

WELL DONE with your guys! Although so frustrating when its just the little things.

I think CK and I might debut in Rally before too long. He's got the skills we need - I just need to work out what the courses look like.

Xena is not a Rally kind of girl, but Woo may try her hand at some point as well.

:laugh: AD - the ANKC rulebook is your friend - has the signs all there ready to study, with descriptions of what each involves. :D

And don't write Xena off for Rally - the feral agility girl here doesn't "do" obedience - but thinks Rally is some sort of perverted form of agility. :rofl:

And don't write Xena off for Rally - the feral agility girl here doesn't "do" obedience - but thinks Rally is some sort of perverted form of agility. :rofl:

:rofl:

Oh - Xena will do it, but she will look like she has been beaten while we are doing it - you should see her on her way to the start line at agility. You'd SWEAR that she HATES it. I'm sure she gets nervous.

We had our first obedience trial for the year and Gabby was in UDX, UD and Open. Very proud of her. We finally got through udx with a pass of 184 one short of the 185 points needed for a pass in Grand Champion. Also got a second in both open and utility. Only problem if she didnt do some silly things to loose points like laying down in the box lol Very proud of my girlie

We had our first obedience trial for the year and Gabby was in UDX, UD and Open. Very proud of her. We finally got through udx with a pass of 184 one short of the 185 points needed for a pass in Grand Champion. Also got a second in both open and utility. Only problem if she didnt do some silly things to loose points like laying down in the box lol Very proud of my girlie

:thumbsup: And so you should be proud of her - you're such a great team. Pity about that 1 point in UDX - but it does seem like she's more solid in it now, so the passes you need will come. :)

• 2 weeks later...