2014 Brags Thread

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just back from Southern Districts Obedience Trial. Well we managed to do the seekback and we managed to do the towels but those pesky cones nope couldnt find them at all. Not a happy chappy but than she worked her socks of and got 195 and first in open and 190 and first in ud but managed to get a substantial in the silent signals by not doing a drop. Another trial in two weeks time so we shall see what happens there.

I braved running 1/2 the trial last night after nursing my ankle for a fortnight. WOW WOW WOW is all I can say.

Xena ran for a friend in the first two events - 2nd place in advanced jumping and just one fault in open jumping.

I had 4 competition runs. Wikki was just fantastic in our Open Jumping run - actually starting to drive ahead of me in a couple of spots, but she dropped a few bars chasing me. I'm OK with that - her timing will improve as she runs faster more often. YAY.

Then we owned snooker. :dancingelephant: 47 points was the qualifying standard. We played it safe - Wikki and Xena scored 49 points and both won their class. CK qualified with 48 points and finished just out of the placings in his. (Snooker is an open standard game at ADAA, we don't run it in the varying levels.)

The higlight for the night though was Wikki's sheer joy in all three of her runs. (One was NFC.) The hard work is finally starting to REALLY show results.

And Xena's run for my friend, they seem to be making a habit of going clear in advanced - second time in as many trials.

Yay - some nice brags for the weekend - congrats everyone.

Miss Kirra, who turned 12 at the end of February, has brags from the weekend's agility trials in Launceston. She and her GSP partner managed to hold it all together for a Q in Masters Strat Pairs - and then my feral girlie got a nice Open Jumping pass which completed her JDO6 title. :thumbsup: So proud of her. She also got a 1 refusal (my bad handling) NQ 1st in Masters Agility, and we were 4 seconds over in one of the JDM runs. And best of all, she has pulled up fine again - I have cut her number of runs back, although I don't know that she's thanking me for it - jsut as well she can't read the catalogue and realise that she's missing out :rofl: .

The misguided missile (aka Woo's big brother Rory), had some nice runs (and a couple not so nice - my bad for the most part) - he would like it to be known that he can now get round an agility course without taking an off course contact - well, he's done it once or twice - hopefully it will become a habit :D ), and he has achieved 12 weavers in a competition run. His best run was a 1st place NQ in Jumping - one refusal - he was too fast for me to adjust his line, but it was a nice run. I'm happy that he's starting to listen more, and he's running some nice lines. We need more work on the tyre - at present he sometimes sees it as an obstacle to be bulldozed through, rather than jumped through. :laugh:

Yay - some nice brags for the weekend - congrats everyone.

Miss Kirra, who turned 12 at the end of February, has brags from the weekend's agility trials in Launceston. She and her GSP partner managed to hold it all together for a Q in Masters Strat Pairs - and then my feral girlie got a nice Open Jumping pass which completed her JDO6 title. :thumbsup: So proud of her. She also got a 1 refusal (my bad handling) NQ 1st in Masters Agility, and we were 4 seconds over in one of the JDM runs. And best of all, she has pulled up fine again - I have cut her number of runs back, although I don't know that she's thanking me for it - jsut as well she can't read the catalogue and realise that she's missing out :rofl: .

The misguided missile (aka Woo's big brother Rory), had some nice runs (and a couple not so nice - my bad for the most part) - he would like it to be known that he can now get round an agility course without taking an off course contact - well, he's done it once or twice - hopefully it will become a habit :D ), and he has achieved 12 weavers in a competition run. His best run was a 1st place NQ in Jumping - one refusal - he was too fast for me to adjust his line, but it was a nice run. I'm happy that he's starting to listen more, and he's running some nice lines. We need more work on the tyre - at present he sometimes sees it as an obstacle to be bulldozed through, rather than jumped through. :laugh:

WELL DONE!! Love that Rory is having so much fun. AND just amazing for Kirra - I hope my guys are still going strong at 12! Mr CK might have finally started to run like a real dog by then. LOL.

Ok I have a mini brag! I am so happy with how Wisdom bounced back from her litter (pups left to their new homes last month). I have been working so hard on my handling this year and am so pleased with how Wiz and I are working as a team. Training her is such a joy! She really is my dream dog, and I am really proud of how she is working and how my handling has improved. Learning the bite work stuff is something totally new so that has been a fun challenge.

Quick training video from Friday:

I know it's not a trial brag so hope no one minds me sharing :o :)

Are you planning to do IPO Huski? :)

Yes hoping to do IPO and ANKC obedience. But we will see how we go! we originally trained Wiz in personal protection bitework so doing IPO/sport bitework is a different kettle of fish. She loves it though!

Edited by huski

Very proud of my little boy today. After some atrocious prep (we lost my other Cardigan 3 weeks ago and I've been away with work all week), he earnt his first two Rally passes in his first trials!

He's not quite 18 months old, and apart from some teenage boy distracted behaviour, I saw some flashes of really nice work. He's such a fun dog to work with :)

Guest Clover

CC congrats on the first 2 passes, well done. I am sorry about your other dog though :(.

I'm proud of my little Harri dog at flyball yesterday. His team came second in their div, the team did great. We had a newbie dog in the team that got his first title and half way to his second. Hazza should well and truly have his FMX title now :thumbsup: .

We have an obedience brag ! ... 4 exercises of good work in UD this morning..and 4 not do much :-). But this afternoon my lil big man kept it together for his first UD Q.. ..182, which included 3 off.for dead dog in the stay...hot sun here :-) . So thrilled with his enthusiasm and his ability to keep it going right through, especially after his busy weekend at BC Nat thanks to Ptolomy and Bedazzled for your encouragement and inspiration ..

We have an obedience brag ! ... 4 exercises of good work in UD this morning..and 4 not do much :-). But this afternoon my lil big man kept it together for his first UD Q.. ..182, which included 3 off.for dead dog in the stay...hot sun here :-) . So thrilled with his enthusiasm and his ability to keep it going right through, especially after his busy weekend at BC Nat thanks to Ptolomy and Bedazzled for your encouragement and inspiration ..

Tassie that's AWESOME!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

FANTASTIC Tassie thumbsup1.gifchampagne.gif Wow and this is a week after travelling to the mainland - Gooooooooo Rory

Thanks guys...stoked with him. 5 disciplines last weekend, and we didn't get back from the mainland till Tuesday ....then three hours up to Launceston last night.

Rally AE for both of them tomorrow ... Coulc be interesting ;-)