2014 Brags Thread

Wow, you guys have achieved some awesome stuff!

We're just getting started in our trialling. (Agility and Flyball so far) please excuse my rambling s :p

Agility

We debuted in agility at the festival of Agility in September last year, getting passes in snooker and gamblers. Would have gotten more, but Reggie couldn't weave at that stage! :o

Since then we have been to a couple more trials, not much success until a couple of weekends ago at Cessnock. With our first and second Jumping passes, Yay! We also won an encouragement award.

We have now been to our fifth (or 6th? I'm hopeless at keeping track) trial, "springwood" (at Erskine park) last weekend and gaining our Jumping Dog title! Woohoo! I don't know if we're ready for excellent! :eek:

We also got our first agility pass and a pass in open agility.(9th overall) Which I must say I'm VERY proud of!

Need to work on my handling, that and perfecting contacts and weaves (both are technically acceptable, but could be better) are our goals.

Flyball

We debuted in February at Dapto, gaining our first Flyball title, Flyball Dog. His turns weren't great ( he is a big lazy bum!) and very little hype. I swear he is way too chilled! Looks like he's half asleep, not a manic flyball dog :p

Second comp was Canberra royal. He spent a lot of the comp running as start dog, His turns are getting better, but he can still be lazy, but he is reliable.

H also did his personal best of 5 seconds! Lol. He has a lot more to give...... Getting him revved up is the issue. One race, when he was reserve, he was upside down ASLEEP at the back of the ring! :eek: :laugh: he's a special boy!

I would like to try rallyo, obedience and maybe some herding..... But there's not enough time! And the fact there is NOTHING dog related where I live! I travel to train and trial.

Gratuitous pictures of my beast:

3f2936052dc60b33157e4015f12d01e2_zps186b70e9.jpg

4a04e7d815db641b2beb2e27412faea9_zps79c43f0f.jpg

531f53e2f413616e4a3fa7842333401e_zps6a885cca.jpg

c57752a11aff7786901eb096ac0e4886_zpsd43bb831.jpg

Hmm... Helps if I actually upload pictures! :p

Edited by Chequeredblackdog

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chequeredblackdog they are some awesome photos! Good work!

Another non-trial brag embarrass.gif

Nova has graduated up a class at obedience club and the instructor is now paying us more attention and wants to help us reach our goal of being ready to enter the club's trial around September! smile.gif

Is anyone going to the Agility Trial in Wagga this month? I'll be helping out at the club to get a feel of things.

Edited by LisaCC

Had an awesome flyball comp yesterday, my club hosted and all three teams we had entered came first in their divisions :)

Very pleased with how they ran, my boy hated the grounds as they were very loose and not great unfortunately but nothing was stopping my little feral :laugh:

Both ran brilliantly all day and didn't put a paw wrong :)

Then today had our first agility trial in months and my little girl did so well, I think this was our second ever Master agility trial and while we didn't get any passes we were so close and had a great day.

Had 3 runs, one was over time (I got lost as I didn't walk the course, but clear otherwise), dropped bar in another, and one refusal in another as I stopped so she stopped :laugh:

I was so thrilled as she did all the harder parts that got even some of the experienced handlers and dogs :D

Nice work in agility and flyball guys ....

Miss Kirra decided after getting a Q (just) in Rally Excellent B this morning, that it was really too hot and sing for her .. so no more Qs for her today,... think she's still tired after last weekend.

Mr Rory backed up from his obedience runs yesterday, to get two more legs towards RAE3...all scores in the 90s .. third and second places in the morning trial, the 99 and 1st place in Excellent B this afternoon. :) He's such a good boy.

Just had to put my brag in This weekend we had our State Obedience Championship and I am proud to say that Gabby is the 2014 State UDX and Rally Excellent Champion and the Top Dog Club as well

But the best is that Gabby managed a pass in that elusive class of UDX with a great score of 194 and that is her third leg only another 2 more to go. Another obedience trial on saturday so hopefully another pass

Just had to put my brag in This weekend we had our State Obedience Championship and I am proud to say that Gabby is the 2014 State UDX and Rally Excellent Champion and the Top Dog Club as well

But the best is that Gabby managed a pass in that elusive class of UDX with a great score of 194 and that is her third leg only another 2 more to go. Another obedience trial on saturday so hopefully another pass

:thumbsup::cheer::cheer::cheer: Awesome work by you and the super talented Miss Gabby, xena98. And what a fabulous UDX score!!!

Well done everyone. Chequeredblackdog - your puppy is awesome.

Tassie, you are an inspiration. CK says he might be coming your way for some Rally-o lessons. ;)

We had another fantastic trial last night. Xena was perfect. She is looking for a new handler who can stay on his feet and not over handle. We did manage one great run - slip notwithstanding.

Woo did a great job too - I've officially upgraded her improvement from slow to steady. LOL. This was her jumping run - not our best (in fact it was our worst) of the night, but it goes to show we are getting there. :)

Had a weekend of obedience and agility trialing.With one owner being very sick. Saturday we had our obedience competition nearly got a pass in udx only lost 3 points up to change of positions and young Gabby has decided dont know how to drop never done it before. In ud yep we stuffed up the silent signal and didnt drop twice. The good news was that we got 199 in open losing 1 point for crook sit in the retrieve on the flat.

Today we had agility and managed 4 qualies all with first places woohoo. the other 4 runs well between me and Gabby we managed to stuff it up. Not bad considering that my dogs dont work if I am sick lol

Had a weekend of obedience and agility trialing.With one owner being very sick. Saturday we had our obedience competition nearly got a pass in udx only lost 3 points up to change of positions and young Gabby has decided dont know how to drop never done it before. In ud yep we stuffed up the silent signal and didnt drop twice. The good news was that we got 199 in open losing 1 point for crook sit in the retrieve on the flat.

Today we had agility and managed 4 qualies all with first places woohoo. the other 4 runs well between me and Gabby we managed to stuff it up. Not bad considering that my dogs dont work if I am sick lol

:thumbsup: Good girlie, Gabby. And laughing with you at the stuff-ups, xena98.

We jjust had our fifth consecutive weekend of double trials (triple if you include the Friday of BC Nats.) This one was douabvle Rally Saturday, double obedience Sunday. I had one of those stuff up days in Rally - cost the boy points, but thankfully not Qs - so he now has 2 more legs towards his RAE3. Miss Kirra played nice for the morning - 1 leg towards RAE2, and in Excellent in the afternoon, but then decided "don't wanna don't hafta" was the go for Advanced - so no Q there. Mr Rory started his UD rounds beautifully, but then the boy brains dropped out in the morning. He did better in the afternoon - but we soooo need to do lots more distraction proofing. (And that includes finding mice lush ovals with plenty of worm castings. :laugh: - they're apparently totally irrestible. :D

Well, have to say I"m a bit impressed with my dogs and what they've been doing the last few weeks!!!

Hamish - got his HT title at the BC Nationals and did it all pretty easy, so we're heading in to PT, the big paddock and more space for the sheep and Hamish to run!! He's also doing good at DWD training and I probably should think about sorting out a routine for him or something!

Kenzie - has her first pass for HT, and is in another trial at the end of the month so hopefully should get her HT then. At the BC Nationals we entered Rally Advanced for the first time. I'm paranoid about working her off lead!! But she was a superstar!! We got 93/100, such a proud moment!!! She also got her first pass towards FS.S then. And we entered CCD after a 2 year break (our first times were dismal!). We didn't get a pass as she dropped on the sit stay, but I was so happy with her as we actually were heeling together and she wanted to work with me!! So then last weekend we had another DWD trial and Kenz managed another 2 passes in freestyle so now she also has her FS.S title!!!

You and the kids are really getting it all together now. I'm sure the DWD helps their confidence, and their enjoyment of working with you.

Hmmmm ..dropping out of the sit stay huh? ;-) Welcome to trialling with a BC ...it's their specialty :-). One reason to get up to UD ...although then tired boys go dead dog, but at least that's only a minor.

Thanks guys :D love my boy.

Love reading about all your triumphs!

Went to the Onemind Dogs seminar last weekend, and am all enthused.... Mind you watch all the people made me glad I had an auditors spot, I would have been totally out of my depth :o My handling is weak at best.

This week we are going to the royal for the Flyball nationals. Sooo looking forward to that!

Thinking of entering a couple of obedience trials.... Never been to one, but hey what the heck! :p

I haven't been here in a while, wow so many great brags!!!! thumbsup1.gif

Have come to add one of my own :D Millie made the ADX 500 height finals at our WA State Agility Trial to end 3rd in her height and 5th overall. Her finals run was the best of the weekend as she had been running pretty ho-hum and I almost pulled her from the finals run. So glad I didn't, she decided to not embarrass me in front of everyone which gave me the lift I needed when it comes to running her :)

Ruby had 3 very near misses in JDM, poo!

BUT - my big brag!!!

Pippa the little Ninja is the 2014 Excellent Jumping 300 AND Novice Agility 300 WA STATE CHAMPION!!! :cheer:

10273917_10152107388303036_6355216956578998191_n.jpg

Edited by RubyStar