2014 Brags Thread

I haven't been here in a while, wow so many great brags!!!! thumbsup1.gif

Have come to add one of my own :D Millie made the ADX 500 height finals at our WA State Agility Trial to end 3rd in her height and 5th overall. Her finals run was the best of the weekend as she had been running pretty ho-hum and I almost pulled her from the finals run. So glad I didn't, she decided to not embarrass me in front of everyone which gave me the lift I needed when it comes to running her :)

Ruby had 3 very near misses in JDM, poo!

BUT - my big brag!!!

Pippa the little Ninja is the 2014 Excellent Jumping 300 AND Novice Agility 300 WA STATE CHAMPION!!! :cheer:

10273917_10152107388303036_6355216956578998191_n.jpg

Woohoo well done RubyStar and the Ninja What a little star :thumbsup:

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks guys :) Just one extra, small brag. Pippa picked up her last pass needed yesterday for her JDX title, with another first place :) thumbsup1.gif

As I've been saying, we can say goodbye to placing ribbons now that she will be up playing with the big kids - we have plenty of awesome Ag Ch. shelties in our 300 height classes!! It will be fun to compete against them though :) Our next trial isn't for a while now anyway.

Finally got my perfect start in flyball, I already have one but been trying for over a year (with two dogs!) to get my second. :D

I have earned myself a bit of a reputation as I always push my starts and even the second start, so have done alot of false, double false and even triple false :o starts to my name :laugh:

All in good fun though and my fellow team mates are pretty forgiving for my continous attempts :p

Finally got my perfect start in flyball, I already have one but been trying for over a year (with two dogs!) to get my second. :D

I have earned myself a bit of a reputation as I always push my starts and even the second start, so have done alot of false, double false and even triple false :o starts to my name :laugh:

All in good fun though and my fellow team mates are pretty forgiving for my continous attempts :p

So was it with Jovi, Darcy or Nova??????? champagne.gif

My lil big man has a brag! Not in RS's class ,. But we got 2 Novice Jumping passes today to finish Rory's JD title. Judge was joking that he was disappointed we hadn't halved SCT in the first Q .. 21.1seconds on a 40 second course ????. So in his last run of the day, we managed to run 20.03 on a 45second course.

Not to be outdone, 12 year old Kirra ran a lovely JDM course,, her 8th run for the weekend ..clear and 5 seconds under SCT. So grateful to be able to have such fun with my kids. :D

That is awesome, Tassie!!!!! :cheer: And good on your girl, I am so glad to hear she's still whizzing around the agility courses thumbsup1.gif

Congrats, Sayreovi! (OMG name changes do my head in!! laugh.gif) I'm really not sure what perfect starts means, but with the word perfect in there and all, I'm sure it's brilliant!!! thumbsup1.gif

My lil big man has a brag! Not in RS's class ,. But we got 2 Novice Jumping passes today to finish Rory's JD title. Judge was joking that he was disappointed we hadn't halved SCT in the first Q .. 21.1seconds on a 40 second course ????. So in his last run of the day, we managed to run 20.03 on a 45second course.

Not to be outdone, 12 year old Kirra ran a lovely JDM course,, her 8th run for the weekend ..clear and 5 seconds under SCT. So grateful to be able to have such fun with my kids. :D

Go Tassie cheer.gif Go Tassie champagne.gif Go Tassiecheers.gif

Another fantastic weekend for you and the kids. Lovely to hear the old girl is still enjoying her outings and I bet you needed to have your running shoes on to keep up with Rory

So was it with Jovi, Darcy or Nova??????? champagne.gif

Unfortunately (well not so unfortunately) with Jovi again! I've only got two and both have been with her, starting to think I will never get one with Darcy as he is getting old enough now that I can't keep pushing my starts with him so he doesn't have to rerun. Whereas I can with Jovi.

Congratulations, it is such a hard thing to achieve.

It's always such a let down when you get so close because it's not the actually thing no matter how awesome the start is :laugh:

Exactly! I was inching closer and closer all day, they were awesome starts but to me they were annoying and just teasing me! :laugh:

Rubystar, in flyball we have starting times, the perfect start of 0.000 means your dogs nose hit the start line as soon as the light turned green. Sounds easy in theory but very very hard to do. I usually get below 0.100 with both dogs but again not many people can, it's all about learning how fast your dog is, how consistently fast they are throughout the day, where and when to let them go etc etc

Then alot of pratice and good luck, even then doesn't always happen :(

Sort of hard to explain :laugh:

Love the photo!

My first was a fluke! Same dog but I had only started her maybe once before hand and it was when she was a newbie and she was getting quicker and quicker (first comp to now she has dropped 3 seconds!), so same here no idea how it happened but wasn't going to say no :laugh:

Nice!

Yep! This is only our 4th flyball comp, so I was stunned. Think everyone else was too! :p my first thought was the lights broke!

Reg started running high 5s Friday morning and gets faster as the day progresses, but the end of the day he is running 4.8s..... Weird dog :laugh: everyone comments that he looks like he's about to fall sleep as he lines up! :rofl::o

he has the potential to run faster than that.... Still working on his enthusiasm, it hasn't clicked yet. My "blonde" boy :p

If you're under 0.00, so negative, the dog has to rerun. If you do two false starts in a row the dogs has to run again at the end of the lineup. Over 0.00 just means you're overall time is going to be slower.

The team with the fastest time wins. The timer doesn't stop until the last dog has finished its run. Eg. 4 dogs clear with 21.347sec. You can still win if you have to run a 'fifth' dog (dog dog that has to rerun) but it is very unlikely. Unless the other team has to run another dog as well!

A heat is best of 5. And depending on team numbers and divisions, there is usually 6 heats a day. So the dogs do a lot of running. It's not unusual for a dog to run 30+ runs a day! especially if they are start dog!

Edited by Chequeredblackdog

Doesn't sound easy to achieve at all!! Do you get any penalties for not having a perfect start? Or is the perfect start just a personal goal people try to reach?

Nah no penalties but as CBD said the closer you get to it the more of a head start you get on the other team :)

Sometimes especially in Div 1 a good start can mean the difference between winning and losing a heat/race.

It's a personal goal for me, as start dog there isn't many other things to try and achieve :laugh:

We just had a two day comp and Jovi was down for 42 runs before all my false and double false starts :o, so they also need to be super fit to stay at a consistent speed right up until the last race, even more so when they are also a height dog!

There are only 2 Grand Obedience Champions in WA, I have one of them, but today I got to the take the other one into UD. Thank you Bedazzled for trusting me enough to take Brookie into the ring. Needless to say it was a lot of fun and bless his cotton socks he coped really well with everything I threw at him.

and we passed and won the ring. champagne.gif

If ever I was going to change breed - I think an Aussie would be top of the list. tongue.gif