2014 Brags Thread

A totally awesome weekend for Kenz. Yesterday we were up at the crack of dawn and she managed to pass her Track 2 with a Good rating. Today we went out and worked some sheep and she did a reasonable job with that as well. The best part is after two days of normal dog activities she seems to have pulled up fine. :thumbsup:

Well done girls - good to see you both back out there doing stuff together. Best bit is Kenzie pulled up well.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great job ness and Kenz.

Last weekend was a weekend of DWD, obedience and Rally in Melbourne .. with a mixed batch of results... the best being Rory completing his Novice Freestyle title, and getting another leg towards HTM.N. The feral old girl got a Novice Freestyle pass too. Obedience and Rally in the freezing cold and rain directly under a constant stream of aircraft coming in to land at Melbourne airport .. about a kilometre away, if that.... was a bit of a frost. Rory did win the Advanced B ring on 98 and was winning the Exc B ring until he NQd by pulling the bar on the last station .. we both took our eye off the ball I think :(

Double obedience trial at Hobart yesterday showed us where some holes were to work on in the school holidays.. distraction proofing is high on the list :laugh: . Double Rally trial in the rain was better today ... 2 more legs for Rory towards RAE4, with a 1st, 2 2nds and a 3rd. And the feral one who doesn't 'do' obedience got 3 passes out of 4, and reached halfway towards RAE2. She's playing me like a slot machine ... giving me about 45% return :rofl: ... but still seems to be having fun, so I'll keep paying her entry fees so she can play :D

Edited by Tassie

She is a good girl actually all three of mine are great and was so proud of them even my little part time border collie that we fluked a pass in agility and wasnt even ready for lol. Thanks for the photo Piper loved the one of Inka looking a bit wild in the weavers lol

• 2 weeks later...

Great work, Ness!

A little brag from Zim this weekend, too, with him picking up his Rally Advanced Title and a 2nd place in the afternoon competition. He was only desexed this week too.

Unfortunately a shaven belly meant he didn't want to drop on cold wet grass, and was a bit distracted in his heelwork, so no obedience passes, but he was pretty close in the afternoon, so I was happy with his work, despite everything. This means he finished his conformation championship and a Rally title in the same month! He will now be CH Llandwyn Crescent Moon (AI) RA

Now we just need to finish the last passes for his CCD and Heelwork to Music Starters over the next month or so!

Oooooh! I forgot to come and brag :o whoops! Better late than never!

My baby Smudge competed in her very first flyball comp last weekend. Before then she had never run in a ring, with another lane, and had only just started learning crossovers.

She got her first title too! FD. flyball dog! :D :D

And with super wide cross overs she was running around 4.6 secs. :love: my little crazy speed demon!

She did forgot to got over the jumps a couple of times and decided once that she should race the other dog riiiiiight up close, oops. Which we will work on. But for a baby dog who really hasn't had much training she did amazingly well!

Reg also ran really well. Pulling a PB of 4.8 secs. That was the first race of the day, then he went back to running 5.1s. Running that fast was just way too much effort! :laugh: lol. My special chilled out boy :p

Waldo was in Open at the Victorian State Championship. Our first pass with a score of 180. And we won the ring. A huge difference from our last trial 2 weeks ago. A nervous dog who broke every stay has become a bouncy happy dog who was jumping out of his skin to work. Not even a very wet ring put him off...apart from high elbows in distance control.

12 year old Minty came out of retirement to try her paw at Rally at the Vic State trial this weekend. Despite me having a rotten cold so doing no training in the lead up, she remembered all her long-ago-taught obedience and scored a 99 in her first run (third place on time only) and 97 in her second (second place by a point). Was great to get the old girl out again, she can really be fun.

Waldo was in Open at the Victorian State Championship. Our first pass with a score of 180. And we won the ring. A huge difference from our last trial 2 weeks ago. A nervous dog who broke every stay has become a bouncy happy dog who was jumping out of his skin to work. Not even a very wet ring put him off...apart from high elbows in distance control.

I was thrilled for you & Waldo ! I know several bouts of lameness caused delay in your training program over the past year. I think you & Waldo made a lovely team & looked absolutely gorgeous in Winner of Winners run offs He is a credit to your kind patient handling & training. Well done!

1407225264[/url]' post='6538051']
1406965689[/url]' post='6536417']

I was thrilled for you & Waldo ! I know several bouts of lameness caused delay in your training program over the past year. I think you & Waldo made a lovely team & looked absolutely gorgeous in Winner of Winners run offs He is a credit to your kind patient handling & training. Well done!

Thanks so much Linda. Would not have done it without you. Lost count how many times you had to remind me about timing & footwork. Not so sure I looked gorgeous though! laugh.gif