2014 Brags Thread

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After a 1.5 year agility hiatus, we were finally out at a trial yesterday and Jess got a masters agility pass with 3rd place! :cheer: Many other 'so close' runs, but very pleased with her :) Glad to be back!

Brag from me - last tracking trial I have entered with Kenz and not only did she pass her Track 4 on her first attempt but got a "Very Good" rating. Judge was full of praise for how well she had done and said she was an absolute pleasure to judge. Not bad for my little girl with such limited training - definitely a natural. I was super impressed with the fact she totally ignored the Kangaroos in favor of doing what she was suppose to. I never doubted her for a minute she was right on track the majority of the time and her article indications were super.

Love my girl - given the struggles she has faced she never fails to give me all of herself and then some.

Well done everyone on recent brags.

Minty finished her Rally Novice title today with a 96 and first place, then had two more runs for a 4th and another first. I lost points in one exercise because I did it the way you do it in Advanced apparently (moving sidestep) so I guess we will continue on :laugh:

It was lovely watching you work yesterday Superminty. A huge congratulations on your wins and title.

We had our first try at Rally Novice in Bendigo and had a great day despite some shocking handler error. Note to self - Read the signs you idiot. Especially if you don't want to loose 10 points because you put in an imaginary sit when there was not one, or forgot a sit where there was one, or did a walk around in anticipation of the station two signs up. All their scores would have been in the 90's, except Zeph's first go where he had total boy brain and we withdrew after 6 stations. Dee did get a 97, which won her first place in the second trial.

So from 6 trials we achieved 5 passes, 1 first place and 1 Rally Novice Title. Good girl Miss Dee Dee.

My dogs' biggest handicap is me. But I am a work in progress.

Edited by grumpette

A long time coming, but happy to add our brag here - Kyte achieved her Jumping Dog title last weekend! :D Super pleased with my little Aussie :-) Being a country dog, trials are always a challenge but she did beautifully.

Our first Excellent Jumping trial this weekend, so that should be exciting!

Agility is still a work in progress, but we will get there eventually. :)

Brag from me - last tracking trial I have entered with Kenz and not only did she pass her Track 4 on her first attempt but got a "Very Good" rating. Judge was full of praise for how well she had done and said she was an absolute pleasure to judge. Not bad for my little girl with such limited training - definitely a natural. I was super impressed with the fact she totally ignored the Kangaroos in favor of doing what she was suppose to. I never doubted her for a minute she was right on track the majority of the time and her article indications were super.

Love my girl - given the struggles she has faced she never fails to give me all of herself and then some.

OMG I am so rapt that you and Kenz are having great success at working again. I think it is brilliant. I wish you great times and as they say "Keep on tracking". :thumbsup:

It was lovely watching you work yesterday Superminty. A huge congratulations on your wins and title.

We had our first try at Rally Novice in Bendigo and had a great day despite some shocking handler error. Note to self - Read the signs you idiot. Especially if you don't want to loose 10 points because you put in an imaginary sit when there was not one, or forgot a sit where there was one, or did a walk around in anticipation of the station two signs up. All their scores would have been in the 90's, except Zeph's first go where he had total boy brain and we withdrew after 6 stations. Dee did get a 97, which won her first place in the second trial.

So from 6 trials we achieved 5 passes, 1 first place and 1 Rally Novice Title. Good girl Miss Dee Dee.

My dogs' biggest handicap is me. But I am a work in progress.

Thanks grumpette, and congrats to you too! There were definitely some interesting interpretations of the courses, not just from you :laugh: Go the black and tans.

Lots of awesome recent brags! :thumbsup:

Jess gained two more masters agility passes this past weekend as well as an open jumping pass with 1st place! :happydance2:

You forgot to mention that we all went swimming on the saturday though lol

Were of to the Riverland on the weekend the saturday I think we were swimming more than jumping and poor little Gabby hates the rain so didnt work too well and it wasnt a nice birthday present for her as she celebrated her 7th birthday. Gabby only passed 2 on the saturday with a first in JDM and a second in ADM and the sunday won 2JDM and ADM. What a good girlie. my little part time border collie Islay got two AD passes one a fifth and a first gaining her AD title. Not bad considering I only get her to train once a week in class for 45 min so am really wrapped with that

Lots of awesome recent brags! :thumbsup:

Jess gained two more masters agility passes this past weekend as well as an open jumping pass with 1st place! :happydance2:

You forgot to mention that we all went swimming on the saturday though lol

Yep don't think the weather could have been much worse :laugh:

• 1 month later...

My lil big man Rory celebrated his 6th birthday yesterday by gaining his first Novice Agility Q - 48.38 secs on a 72 second course - 1st place. And he just missed another one when he crashed through the tyre which was the last obstacles - just had two much speed and not enough training.

No other Qs - but lots of positives from a weekend of trialling - held all his start lines, and only missed one contact - the first A frame of the weekend. A couple of 1 fault JDX runs too.

Miss Kirra at 12.75 had a blast all weekend - ran lots - no Qs, but some very near misses. 0.5 seconds over time in Excellent Gamblers, and 3 seconds over in Masters Jumping, and a few 1 fault runs. Best of all, she's pulled up fine this morning - and the judge's comment was that she was running fine, and obviously enjoying herself. She owes me nothing - but if she wants to keep running, I'll keep paying her entries :-)

We've had a big weekend with the dogs this weekend. Competing in our State Flyball Titles yesterday and today we competed in the Dock Diving Nationals

Miss Rumour was on fire this weekend and came Third in the senior division in the dock diving nationals in the senior division (divisions go by distance jumped not age).

Her best jump for the day was 16ft 11inches :cheer: which is amazing considering how tired she must have been after the flyball comp

So proud of my little girl :)

Wow - miss your brag Tassie - hard to believe Rory is 6 already - well done. The fact that Kirra is so spritely is brilliant.

Rumour - fantastic results - versatile Dock Diving AND fly ball sounds like a lot of fun.

My kids did well at the Royal last weekend. Strauss won rally Adv B with the only perfect score for the day. Cider won Rally Exc B. Nina 2nd in Rally novice and 3rd in novice obedience.

The standard of novice obedience in WA is fantastic at the moment thumbsup1.gif

:thumbsup: Nice brags there. Dock diving looks like such fun.

Your kids had a great Royal Ptolemy :cheer: You must be thrilled with all of them .. but maybe especially Naughty Niña ... how well did she cope with the noise etc. Not surprised that the Novice standard is high over there ... home of the great og trainer, I reckon. If only the weather was more moderate .... :D