2014 Brags Thread

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oh my goodness - what a great collection of brags from a great collection of dogs and trainers. CC, just loved your story - could just picture the scene. And Love that Violet is still doing so well. I have enjoyed watching you and the more senior Poodles when I've been over there. So Ptolomy - seems like Naughty Nina might have to send the Naughty part of her name over to CC's Zara. :rofl:

DD - what a super weekend for you and Elsie. Congratulations!

Agility for us too on Saturday. Team Geri(atric) - i.e. me and my old girl Kirra managed a Q in Masters Agility - 1st place (out of 2 in the class LOL), and she had fun in her other two runs. The Misguided Missile (aka Rory) tried very hard to listen, and did lots of good stuff, but no Qs. To be fair, the courses were pretty tight - not the Missile's forte. But - other than overshooting the table the first run, he nailed all his contacts - and didn't take any off course contacts - or tunnels, and the only bars down were due to my bad handling. Although 5 out of her 6 were DQ - they were not completely out of control DQs, so we're making progress - in spite of almost no training.

ETF typos

Edited by Tassie

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kenzie got her first pass in CCD on Saturday!!!! It has been so long and painful trying to get to this, we have the dreaded border collie "drop during the sit stay"!!! But on Saturday she managed the sit stay!!! And then to top it off she placed first and we brought home a lovely ribbon and trophey! Of course on Sunday the dreaded "drop during sit stay" returned (5 seconds in to it!!). But that doesn't matter I know she can do it!!! Only 2 more passes now! I've promised her if she can get CCD we never have to do obedience again and she can just focus on all the other things she loves!!

post-34437-0-78686000-1415013186_thumb.jpg

Kenzie got her first pass in CCD on Saturday!!!! It has been so long and painful trying to get to this, we have the dreaded border collie "drop during the sit stay"!!! But on Saturday she managed the sit stay!!! And then to top it off she placed first and we brought home a lovely ribbon and trophey! Of course on Sunday the dreaded "drop during sit stay" returned (5 seconds in to it!!). But that doesn't matter I know she can do it!!! Only 2 more passes now! I've promised her if she can get CCD we never have to do obedience again and she can just focus on all the other things she loves!!

Woo Hoo - well done - can so relate to hating those sit stays, so know how good this first pass is. thumbsup1.gif

It will be interesting to see if Sit stays go in the next rule change

Whoo hoo! Congrats :D

I hate the stays as well but not because she can't do them, it's actually the one thing I can trust she will do but it's the other dogs I don't trust and she isn't the type of dog that would take too kindly to others standing over her :/

Elsie had an awesome weekend at the NZ Dog agility champs! She qualified for both the Jumpers B and Novice finals and scored herself a few ribbons!

10428695_10204373148062488_992574071558298611_n.jpg?oh=3a409925c90ab9cc2baa7885a9c83233&oe=54E59478

Novice 2 class she placed 1st out of 74 medium height dogs

Novice 3 class she placed 3rd out of 70 medium height dogs

Novice Final event she placed 3rd out of 23 dogs on a time of 30.08 seconds (winning run was 29.64 seconds!)

Intermediate 3 class she placed 14th out of 82 medium height dogs

Jumpers B1 class she placed 3rd out of 47 medium height dogs

Jumpers B3 class she placed 3rd out of 50 medium height dogs

Jumpers B2 class she placed 5th out of 48 medium height dogs

Jumpers B final she had a refusal for missing a hurdle which was my fault, but a beautiful run otherwise!

VER well done from what I understand Agility in NZ is even more difficult than it is in OZ, where it has become IMHO a sport for professionals You must be A VERY good team!!

:thumbsup: Nice one PME and Miss Kenzie. And Mr Rory says there's a good reason why he's not doing Open any more - or at least, not till we see what happens with those pesky sit stays. :laugh: . That first pass is a very special one - and she did it in style for you. Pretty ribbon for a pretty girl. :D

VERY well done from what I understand Agility in NZ is even more difficult than it is in OZ, where it has become IMHO a sport for professionals You must be A VERY good team!!

Thanks! It is very very competitive here, being a win based system, but I enjoy that, always pushing myself to handle better and faster! I'm not sure we'll ever make agility champion or anything, but we're in the top grade now and still enjoying the sport :thumbsup:

A couple of busy weekends for us down here in the Apple Isle. Double Rally and double obedience trials last weekend - in howling gales and snow on the mountain, then Agility Games/standard courses yesterday (in 31 degrees - yikes), followed by Rally this morning and obedience in the afternoon. My Misguided Missile Rory was a little bit less misguided yesterday - and got his second Q in Novice Agility - 35 seconds on a 65 second course, and these last couple of weekends got the 3 double Qs he needed to give him his Rally Advanced Excellent 4. His efforts in UD are getting better - although he made one mistake today, and last week, the broken Scent Discrimination seems to be closer to being fixed, and the Directed Jumping I broke last week was partly fixed today - his go outs were lovely - still came inside the solid jump (could be agility interference there). Pleased with his gloves today - we find No 2 the hardest, but he nailed it today. We did have some moments in Rally and obedience today when his boy brains fell out of gear, but then to be fair, his handler's brain also fell out of gear.

And the lad nailed his weavers both times - even did an extra set nicely - pity it was supposed to be a tunnel - who knew weavers could trump a tunnel :rofl: .

:thumbsup: Nice one PME and Miss Kenzie. And Mr Rory says there's a good reason why he's not doing Open any more - or at least, not till we see what happens with those pesky sit stays. :laugh: . That first pass is a very special one - and she did it in style for you. Pretty ribbon for a pretty girl. :D

Thankyou!!!

1416102615[/url]' post='6595161']

Tassie you should have seen the look I got when I mentioned UD! LOL! :rofl:

Was just wonderful Sue. Just so pleased for you, a lovely way to finish off the season and a title. Well done both of you. :thumbsup:

That look was based on how long it took to get the 3 CDX passes rofl1.gif but thanks for the congratulations. I am still smiling!

Was just wonderful Sue. Just so pleased for you, a lovely way to finish off the season and a title. Well done both of you. :thumbsup:

That look was based on how long it took to get the 3 CDX passes rofl1.gif but thanks for the congratulations. I am still smiling!

VERY w

ell done Sue. I am very happy for you! "Waldo" always looks happy, which is as it should be

Oh come on Sue....look at me still chasing that first novice pass.... :rofl: Waldo will probably have his OC before we accomplish that little mile stone. :laugh: Enjoy he went really well and it's great to see a bit of variety in ring, breed wise I mean.

Edited by Natsu chan

A huge congratulations Sue. See perseverance pays off, and a bloody good sense of humour when it does not go quite to plan.

A huge congratulations Sue. See perseverance pays off, and a bloody good sense of humour when it does not go quite to plan.

So ..yes sense of humour when things don't go to plan ..definitely a prerequisite for UD :-)

1416220573[/url]' post='6595917']
1416218037[/url]' post='6595899']
1416105125[/url]' post='6595176']

So ..yes sense of humour when things don't go to plan ..definitely a prerequisite for UD :-)

Ah yes... A sense of humour and a supply of cider!