2014 Brags Thread

1416220573[/url]' post='6595917']
1416218037[/url]' post='6595899']
1416105125[/url]' post='6595176']
1416102615[/url]' post='6595161']

Tassie you should have seen the look I got when I mentioned UD! LOL! :rofl:

Was just wonderful Sue. Just so pleased for you, a lovely way to finish off the season and a title. Well done both of you. :thumbsup:

That look was based on how long it took to get the 3 CDX passes rofl1.gif but thanks for the congratulations. I am still smiling!

A huge congratulations Sue. See perseverance pays off, and a bloody good sense of humour when it does not go quite to plan.

So ..yes sense of humour when things don't go to plan ..definitely a prerequisite for UD :-)

Ah yes... A sense of humour and a supply of cider!

:rofl: Ah - maybe it's the cider that's the secret ingredient I need. :rofl:

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was just wonderful Sue. Just so pleased for you, a lovely way to finish off the season and a title. Well done both of you. :thumbsup:

That look was based on how long it took to get the 3 CDX passes rofl1.gif but thanks for the congratulations. I am still smiling!

A huge congratulations Sue. See perseverance pays off, and a bloody good sense of humour when it does not go quite to plan.

So ..yes sense of humour when things don't go to plan ..definitely a prerequisite for UD :-)

That is how Dawn used to get through out of sight stays.

And remembering to breathe while in the ring is apparently important as well :rofl:

1416373224[/url]' post='6596795']
1416280804[/url]' post='6596159']
1416225669[/url]' post='6595950']

That is how Dawn used to get through out of sight stays.

And remembering to breathe while in the ring is apparently important as well :rofl:

Great advice. No food in the ring....are out of sight hides part of the ring? A stash of cider?rofl1.gifcheers.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Another weekend, another discipline ... :laugh: Agility for us this weekend. No Qs in Excellent Jumping, but the lil big man did have a couple of lovely 1 fault rounds - both times my fault - miscued him and brought down a bar on a rear cross, and didn't work a slightly offline jump enough and copped a refusal - but they were otherwise faultless runs. And no broken start lines :) .

But the big thing for the weekend was his third pass in Novice Agility, to give him his AD title - 6th tile for the year across 4 disciplines ... clever little big man Rory - who will be known (subject to Dogs Tas approval as Dual Ch(T) Winpara Soul Dreamer CDX RAE4 TSD AD JD HTM.S FS.N ET.

And not forgetting miss Kirra who at 12.75 years old, had a lovely time - no Qs, but some happy running - and a clear Masters Agility round but 5 seconds over time, and a one refusal Masters Jumping round - my fault again :laugh: .

Another weekend, another discipline ... :laugh: Agility for us this weekend. No Qs in Excellent Jumping, but the lil big man did have a couple of lovely 1 fault rounds - both times my fault - miscued him and brought down a bar on a rear cross, and didn't work a slightly offline jump enough and copped a refusal - but they were otherwise faultless runs. And no broken start lines :) .

But the big thing for the weekend was his third pass in Novice Agility, to give him his AD title - 6th tile for the year across 4 disciplines ... clever little big man Rory - who will be known (subject to Dogs Tas approval as Dual Ch(T) Winpara Soul Dreamer CDX RAE4 TSD AD JD HTM.S FS.N ET.

And not forgetting miss Kirra who at 12.75 years old, had a lovely time - no Qs, but some happy running - and a clear Masters Agility round but 5 seconds over time, and a one refusal Masters Jumping round - my fault again :laugh: .

Great results, Tassie, and lovely to see a more *cough* mature dog having such a great time!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Tassie! I am celebrating with some very nice cider-Frank's. Too tired to go to bed now rofl1.gif Even more tired if I think about UD bolt.gif

Waldo is fantastic! I hope you have some videos to share at some point so I can show Pippa what her big bro is doing and that she needs to pull her socks up!

How is Waldo going with holding the metal article for UD? I've been working on this with Pippa for quite a while now and she just has so much trouble picking it up off the floor. She tries and tries but it's hard for her. She will hold it if I give it to her, but her poor little teeth are chattering away - must be an awful feeling to have metal in your mouth so I really feel for her! frown.gif

Edited by RubyStar

I have only a little brag on the scheme of things but I am very chuffed :)

My little Rommi went away to a country weekend and gained her last two passes required for her JD title.

Not a huge to feat to lots but this little dog gained her first pass after a knee injury that she had - at least I thought - had recovered from. A few months later she re-injured the same knee and it was discovered she had torn her cruciate and it was lieekly she had actually jumped on a sore knee but did exactly what I asked and gained a pass.

Rommi ended up having TPLO surgery and although it went well she didn't recover to a level that was expected. I was told that was as good as she was going to get. Rommi was on periodic NSAID's until gastric bleeding and vomiting put an end to those.

For a few months we went along with me thinking this was as good as it was going to get and was rather upset by it all.

I then put her onto Rosehip and started very regular sessions of Bowen therapy. She started improving and never looked back. This gave us the ability to work on rebuilding mucle and strength. After 2 and a half years we were finally at a point I thought maybe, just maybe, she could go back in the ring.

We entered an obedience, an agility and two jumpers trials. It was a 475km trip just to get there. I thought I would be pulling her at some stage as I really thought she would pull up sore. I had my red light therapy mat charged and ready and kept up her rosehip supplements.

She didn't pull up sore, didn't get passes in obedience or agility but pulled off two passes in Jumpers with a first place and never once even looked stiff. I was so happy I very nearly cried as I didn't think she would ever get back in the ring and not only did she get back in, she got passes and a title but most importanly pulled up sound, happy and bouncy and loving it :)

:thumbsup: That is a huge brag, OSO - what a great effort by you and Rommi to get back in the ring, and be able to spend a weekend competing in a variety of disciplines, and pull up not only comfortable, but successful. :cheer:

Well she pulled up comfortable - can't say the same for myself :rofl:

Over the whole weekend I had two in the showring over two days, two in Obedience, two in one agility trial and two in double jumpers trials. Needless to say I had plentiful nurophen and coffee and comfy shoes!

I was very proud of her efforts though. All that coupled with 475km drive each way and being crated a lot of the weekend I was really happy she pulled up very sound :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure my much loved & astonishingly intelligent, Belgian Shepherd, CH. Nordenstamm Zara C.D. R.E. and her breeder, INTL. Australian, German & Dutch, Schutzhund Judge, Jens Kollenberg, Nordenstamm Malinois, will have a very good time together on the Gold Coast, over the next few months. Jens's goal/ aim is, (at this stage) to have ZARA ready for B.H. and I.P.O.1 competition at the Australian Schutzhund Nationals, in Adelaide in August.

MY BRAG While training & competing with me in Melbourne, "ZARA" has been a wiz kid, gaining 6 A.N.K.C. titles before the age of 18 months, several with perfect scores. ZARA was born to do Schutzhund competition & according to Jens, will be sleeping in Jens bedroom as long as she does not snore . ZARA is a once in a lifetime dog & will be missed greatly while she achieves what she was born to do.

post-39698-0-35119200-1419496735_thumb.jpg