1x Basset Hound & 1x Beagle Need New Home

Hi everyone,

I have one male Basset Hound 'Roco' and one female Beagle 'Skye' in need of a new home.

Sadly, my living conditions have to change by the end of February and I will not be able to take my dogs with me.

Roco and Skye are both 5 years of age. They are both lovely dogs and are good with people and children.

I've tried to contact the breeders to see if they would like to take them back but unfortunately to no avail.

I'm reluctant to hand them over to my nearest pound and I don't want to just give them away to anybody.

I'd prefer to hand them over to someone who can look after them well in a good home.

If anyone could assist me in finding Roco and Skye to a good home that would be much appreciated.

Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.

Where are you and could you specify whether there are any barking or other behavioural issues with either of the dogs? I may be able to assist either temporarily or permanently with the basset but only if he's not a big problematic barker as my neighbours don't do barkers.

ETA: My current dogs do sometimes wear a citronella collar to keep their barking in check so I can deal with regular barky dog stuff, I'm talking nuisance barking if you know what I mean ;)

Edited by kelpiecuddles

No sign of the OP since yesterday and hasn't replied to my PM, hoping just busy and haven't been back and these babies go to good hands that will ensure they are properly cared for as befits these breeds, hounds need good firm owners who understand that they have strong instincts! And I agree with Powerlegs that they need to be with someone who will desex them if they haven't already been, nothing worse than breeds like bassets getting in to the hands of people with no clue who will just breed for a quick buck without regard for their health.

Hi all,

Thank you all for your responses. Sorry I've not been able to reply promptly. I've just got back to work today and haven't had a chance to check my responses. This is all new to me and I truly appreciate all your responses.

Kelpiecuddles and Emma I've just replied to your messages. Again thank you both for your support.

Unfortunately both my dogs aren't dessexed. I had no intention of breeding them. But if this is an issue I can arrange for my local vet to have this procedure done.

I'll attach a photo of my dogs for everyone to see. If you'd like to know more information please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks again for all your support.

post-51318-0-80299400-1390897600_thumb.jpg

Looking at the photo and now knowing he's from local to me I suspect I know the breeder of this dog. If we can get him down to me I'll talk to her further about him and organise to have him desexed if his breeder doesn't want him entire. I have sent her a message to see if he's likely to be one of hers

Edited by kelpiecuddles

I have advised the OP via PM that in order to rehome his dogs via this page he will need to desex them, which he stated he was happy to organise :) Unfortunately I don't have any beagle links, can anyone assist with the beagle or provide some direction who best to talk to?

Just waiting to hear back from the probably breeder of the basset to see what she would like to do with regard to taking him back. It is the same breeder our possible show dog that didn't eventuate was coming from so it's a massive coincidence LOL

• 6 years later...
On 28/01/2014 at 7:26 PM, is2jebus said:

Hi all,

Thank you all for your responses. Sorry I've not been able to reply promptly. I've just got back to work today and haven't had a chance to check my responses. This is all new to me and I truly appreciate all your responses.

Kelpiecuddles and Emma I've just replied to your messages. Again thank you both for your support.

Unfortunately both my dogs aren't dessexed. I had no intention of breeding them. But if this is an issue I can arrange for my local vet to have this procedure done.

I'll attach a photo of my dogs for everyone to see. If you'd like to know more information please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks again for all your support.

post-51318-0-80299400-1390897600_thumb.jpg

what happened to Roco? I ended up adopting from a random home in 2014 and he was in horrible shape. He’s still alive and well and I ended up getting him desexed as soon as I got him as well as other surgery that was needed. I love him so much btw!

• Confused 2