Oscar, A Best Friend

BJ.

This a little late being written but it has been hard to come to terms with Oscar´s death. Oscar was my daughters GSD who as some of you may remember came to board with us when he was about 8 months old and stayed here until my daughter could get rental accommodation, so he was about 2 when he left. During that time I watched him grow from an awkward puppy into a magnificent dog. It didn´t matter to him that I fed him, brushed him and quiet often walked him, my daughter was his only person. Every time she would visit there would be tears from both of them when she left without him. When she came to collect him for the final time he never looked back, he was going where he belonged.

He had lost some weight over the last couple of months, it was put down to him not eating as well in the hotter months. On the day he passed away, he was a little off in the morning but still happy to chase his kong during a game. He was left alone for about 2 hours and when my daughter returned home she found him collapsed in the backyard. She rushed him to the vet but he passed on the way there.

Vale Oscar, I know that you are still there watching over Bec for me.

Bec and Oscar on one of their hiking adventures.

post-1009-0-67857200-1391057854_thumb.jpg