One If My Dogs Has Been Hospitalised

Rascalmyshadow

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't looked at this thread for a few days (I'm chicken :D ), I've been so worried, but decided to be brave and what do I see. Great news.

You go Astro - mummy and your family need you.

Great news, Rascal. Hopefully it is all up and up from now on. What a little fighter your beautiful boy is.

So glad to hear Astro is doing well :) Having to treat many parvo patients I know exactly the ups and downs and heartbreak it causes.

I just wanted to note as has been said previously in this thread, but you will have to be very vigilant in future with unvaccinated or young dogs on your property. F10 works wonders on surfaces, but parvovirus can survive in the soil for anywhere between 7 and 10 years and sadly nothing has been proven to get rid of it from the soil. :(

I haven't looked at this thread for a few days (I'm chicken :D ), I've been so worried, but decided to be brave and what do I see. Great news.

You go Astro - mummy and your family need you.

Great news, Rascal. Hopefully it is all up and up from now on. What a little fighter your beautiful boy is.

Snap DD. What wonderful news Rascal. Ill admit I got a little tear in my eye when I read Astro was coming home. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ok last update: Astro is home, he is very weak and he looks awful, he had no food for eight days, his eyes look sort of bulgy and glassy and he has a lost look about him.

He's going to need round the clock care for another week, he has to stay confined and no one else can touch him for that time.

Another thank you to everyone for your support, I'm happy to have him home but seeing him like this is very distressing, I just hope he gets his old personality once he's better.