Titre Testing

BlackJaq

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:rofl: at the difference of opinion on pronunciation.

The English/American thing kinda makes sense. I am English and automatically pronounced it Tee ter when I first read about it. Don't know why, possible because of Litre but after reading on here about titration I guess Tie ter makes more sense so I may change. :D

Whenever I have talked to my vet about it I usually say both. I ask about the " tee ter, tie ter however you pronounce it, test "

Eee-ther, eye-ther, tee-ter, tie-ter, let's call the whole thing off crazy.giflaugh.gif

:laugh:

Ok so I also had Daisy titre tested as a comparison as she was last vaccinated just before Louis, and she has come back with adequate levels of protection. Louis's serum is on its was to Hemopet, so hopefully I'll get his results from there soon. Interestingly his Hepatitis antibody levels were fine (these get sent overseas so took longer to come back than his other VetPath results).

Eee-ther, eye-ther, tee-ter, tie-ter, let's call the whole thing off crazy.giflaugh.gif

:laugh:

Ok so I also had Daisy titre tested as a comparison as she was last vaccinated just before Louis, and she has come back with adequate levels of protection. Louis's serum is on its was to Hemopet, so hopefully I'll get his results from there soon. Interestingly his Hepatitis antibody levels were fine (these get sent overseas so took longer to come back than his other VetPath results).

That's great, CC's. I tend to find turn-around time for results via Dr Jean Dodds is 1 week, 2 maximum. This includes the time it takes for the serum to arrive on her doorstep. Variance in time depends on date it was sent (and whether it bumps into a weekend/public holiday) and which international courier is used to transport it (I use Fed-Ex).

Good luck and hoping for some good news :) .

I got Louis's results back on the 14th, such a quick service from Hemopet :thumbsup:

and.........he does have immunity :D :D :D

PARVOVIRUS VACCINE TITER (ELISA)

Parvovirus (IgG) Greater than 1:80 VERY GOOD LEVEL TITER

An ELISA result correlated with an HI (hemagglutination-inhibiting) antibody titer of greater than or equal to 1:80, indicates memory response immunity. A result of less than 1:80 indicates a low antibody level and inadequate memory response immunity.

DISTEMPER VACCINE TITER (ELISA)

Distemper (IgG) 1:16 ADEQUATE LEVEL TITER

An ELISA result correlated with an SVN (serum virus neutralization) antibody titer of greater than or equal to 1:16, indicates memory response immunity. A result of less than 1:16 indicates a low antibody level and inadequate memory response immunity.

Apparently the test they use, ELISA, is more specific and more sensitive that the IFA method hence the different results. I'm glad I sent his sample off, I'm still going to be cautious of where I take him as his immune system has taken a real battering over the past 10 months, but walks around the streets near me should be fine :)

I got Louis's results back on the 14th, such a quick service from Hemopet :thumbsup:

and.........he does have immunity :D :D :D

PARVOVIRUS VACCINE TITER (ELISA)

Parvovirus (IgG) Greater than 1:80 VERY GOOD LEVEL TITER

An ELISA result correlated with an HI (hemagglutination-inhibiting) antibody titer of greater than or equal to 1:80, indicates memory response immunity. A result of less than 1:80 indicates a low antibody level and inadequate memory response immunity.

DISTEMPER VACCINE TITER (ELISA)

Distemper (IgG) 1:16 ADEQUATE LEVEL TITER

An ELISA result correlated with an SVN (serum virus neutralization) antibody titer of greater than or equal to 1:16, indicates memory response immunity. A result of less than 1:16 indicates a low antibody level and inadequate memory response immunity.

Apparently the test they use, ELISA, is more specific and more sensitive that the IFA method hence the different results. I'm glad I sent his sample off, I'm still going to be cautious of where I take him as his immune system has taken a real battering over the past 10 months, but walks around the streets near me should be fine :)

:thumbsup:

Well, that was SO worth the effort and expense. Great news, glad to read it :).