Early Morning Tranquility Shattered

Kirislin

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's snuggled up with Nurse Neko on the green chair now. The soapies and nana naps sound like the order of the day Perse, well, maybe some movies on iview instead. She's getting lots of cuddles, I'll give her some extras from DOLers.

Is there no end to this young lady's talents. Ninja Nurse Neko now.

So relieved to read that Feather seems to be over the worst.

The prospect of movies and nana naps sounds very appealing - perfect for convalescing.

just found this thread - so glad to hear that Feather is feeling better today. They look like such a delicate breed of dog I would always be stressing! Sounds like she is a very sensible patient though which can only speed her recovery! Hope she feels 100% again soon :)

just found this thread - so glad to hear that Feather is feeling better today. They look like such a delicate breed of dog I would always be stressing! Sounds like she is a very sensible patient though which can only speed her recovery! Hope she feels 100% again soon :)

I suppose they are a delicate breed, and Feather is especially fine but when I think about it, she's pretty tough. She's almost 12 years old now and has probably run many 100's of ks at top speed without an injury so when I look at it like that she's doing OK.

I will say, in my experience, most of the injuries my whippets have had, have been caused by high speed but considering the amount of running they do it's to be expected, and I still dont have to take them to the vet that often.

I'm more guarded about their interactions with other dogs for fear of them being attacked than I am about worrying if they hurt themselves while running.

Edited by Kirislin

Great news that little Feather is feeling a little better, it must have been so scary !! I bet you felt so ill !!

They like to scare us don't they ? 3 days before I was due to fly out to the USA, Leah chased a bird into a tree in my pristine back yard, landed on a soft fern and somehow managed to split the skin under her arm. It was about 1 1/2" long, so off to the vet for staples, I felt so bad leaving her, but the lass who house and babysits for me is very efficient. I spent the night making t-shirts that she could wear so that she would not lick the wound.

I worried about her until the 10 days were up and the staples came out !! Just a few more grey hairs !!

Hopefully, Feather will improve daily, take it easy and let nurse Neko look after her, and not try to rough house with the boys for a good while!!

I suppose they are a delicate breed, and Feather is especially fine but when I think about it, she's pretty tough. She's almost 12 years old now and has probably run many 100's of ks at top speed without an injury so when I look at it like that she's doing OK.

I will say, in my experience, most of the injuries my whippets have had, have been caused by high speed but considering the amount of running they do it's to be expected, and I still dont have to take them to the vet that often.

I'm more guarded about their interactions with other dogs for fear of them being attacked than I am about worrying if they hurt themselves while running.

There was a beautiful whippet down the park the other day that had a wonderful time running around with Juno ... it was funny cause Juno was running flat out and the whippet was just kinda loping along and outrunning her easily haha and Juno is really fast! I guess I'm comparing them to thick skulled staffies ... bit of a difference :p 12 years IS a good wicket without injury!

It's still early but so far Feather seems pretty good this morning. She was quiet overnight, didn't make a peep and Neko slept in the crate with her. When I let her out she had a big, but careful stretch, as if feeling her way to see if it hurt. Then she took herself outside for wees and poos and I watched from the window to see how she was moving. She trotted back in the house as normal. If she is in pain, I dont think it's very bad, not enough to warrant more meds.

I'll be keeping her quiet for the next few days, I wont encourage her to run around, but I'll let her work out what she feels up to.

I'm so relieved, I was sure I was going to have to have her put down yesterday so now I feel like I've won the lottery. Thankyou all for your concern and caring thoughts. If my little girl knew I'm sure she'd appreciate it.

3930350731_3f512291d4_n.jpg

Yay :happydance: that's awesome, so glad to hear she's doing better.

I just popped back in to check on how Feather was going, such good news! It's amazing how they bounce back. I was the same with my incident with Tully I thought it was the end of her!

I was thinking about how long she just lay there after it happened and it would have been for close to 3/4 of an hour, so I think I had good cause to worry at the time. It must have been a serious whack she gave herself to just lay there for that long. I am amazed and relieved she's bounced back so well today. She's had a little play with Neko today but I think she is still sore, enough to make her take it easy. I kept everyone at home today, no walkies at the park.

I am so very pleased to hear Feather is improving so much!I so feel for you,it would have been terrifying!I remember my Keeshond screaming when she broke her knee ligament,It was only10 mins to the vet,but seemed hours!So glad she's feeling better,take care of yourself as well! :)

Phew! A bit late coming back into this thread to check in how Feather is doing and I am relived to read she is doing well. Great news. How lucky is she to have such a loving, caring and dedicated owner like you, Kirislin.

Edited by ~Anne~